No matter if they’re camping, traveling or simply driving their vehicle, many people want to use high quality and modern electrical conveniences. If you have a lot of devices with you and you want to make sure that you can power them while in your car, then you need to get a power inverter.
Power inverters will connect to your cigarette lighter outlet and come with at least one or more power outlets that you can use to plug in your phone or other similar devices that can be charged using a standard outlet.
Best Power Inverters in 2018
If you’re on the market for a power inverter, then you’re in the right place. That’s because in the guide below we’ll discuss the top ten best power inverters you can currently purchase.
- 10. SNAN 300W Car Power Inverter
- 9. BESTEK 300W Power Inverter
- 8. BESTEK 300W Power Inverter
- 7. BESTEK 400W Power Inverter
- 6. ERAYAK 1000W Power Inverter 3 US Outlets
- 5. Cobra CPI 1575 1500 Watt Power Inverter
- 4. BESTEK 1000W Power Inverter Dual AC Outlets
- 3. BESTEK 2000W Power Inverter 3 AC Outlets
- 2. KRIEGER KR1500 1500W 12V Power Inverter
- 1. ENERGIZER 3000 Watt Power Inverter
- Power Inverters- Buyer’s Guide
10. SNAN 300W Car Power Inverter
The Snan is a three hundred W solar power inverter that will convert DC twelve V into AC one hundred and ten volt. No matter if you want to power your cell phone, your iPod, your tablet or any other similar device, you can easily use this power inverted to do so. Speaking of which, the inverter comes with an intelligent cooling fan that will keep it cool while in use. It also has a very powerful protection system in place that protects it against overload, under and over voltage, over charge, reverse connect, and more. The inverter has a 4.8A maximum charging capability.
- Great for campsites or people who are always on the road.
- Has a 4.8A maximum charging capability.
- Smart cooling fan keeps it cool at all times.
- Lightweight and compact design.
- While it does have a fun, this inverter will get hot.
If you plan on traveling a lot in your car and don’t want to be without your cell phone or laptop, then this is the power inverter to get. Highly recommended!
9. BESTEK 300W Power Inverter
Those who want to go outdooring or on a vacation where they won’t be able to have any access to power sources should certainly get the Bestek three hundred W power inverter. This bad boy comes with two AC outlets which are great for charging your phone, tablet, laptop, etc, but also two 3.1A USB ports. What makes this such a great deal is the fact that it’s also small and lightweight, offer protection against overload, under and over voltage, over charge, reverse connect, and more, but also has a built in forty amps fuse. Thanks to its metal build quality, the inverter is very well protected against accidental bumps and drops.
- Cooling fan kicks in every time you use it, keeping the inverter cool at all times.
- Lightweight and compact design makes carrying this very simple.
- Comes with two 3.1A USB ports.
- The fan sound is rather loud.
You can easily travel anywhere you want and still use your phone, tablet or laptop thanks to the Bestek 300W power inverter. Since this is small and lightweight, taking it along with you is a breeze.
8. BESTEK 300W Power Inverter
Those who are looking for the best power inverter they can get, the Bestek 300W power inverter is the way to go. What makes this model so special is the fact that it comes with two USB ports and is capable of outputting 4.8A or half of that per port. Furthermore, it also come with two standard plug outlets which makes it a breeze for you to charge your phone, tablet, laptop, and any other similar devices. One thing you’ll certainly love about this is that it’s very lightweight and small, meaning that taking it with you anywhere is a breeze. Thanks to the ultra silent cooling fan and the built in forty amps fuse, you can rest assured this inverter is protected against overloads, low battery shutdowns, short circuits, and more.
- 700w of power with two AC outlets and two USB ports.
- Very small and lightweight design makes this great for traveling.
- Built in forty amp fuse for excellent protection against overloads, short circuit, etc.
- A buyer who used this for five weeks said that the power inverter is acting up on him.
No matter the type of devices you would like to take with you on your trip, this power inverter is the best way to power them. It’s easy to use, lightweight, and also very high tech.
7. BESTEK 400W Power Inverter
The 400W Bestek power inverter is one of the best on the market and this should be enough of a reason for you seriously consider it. This bad boy can provide you with four hundred watts of continuous DC to AC power and up to one thousand W of peak power. It comes with 2 one hundred and ten volt electrical outlets which are enough for you to charge your game console, your refrigerator, laptop, etc. Furthermore, the inverter has four USB ports with a total output power of 5A which is deal for USB powered devices. Lastly, it also comes with two built in and replaceable thirty Amp fuses and a cooling fan for safety and easy maintenance.
- Maximum peak power of 1000W and 400W of continuous DC to AC power.
- Has four USB ports with a maximum output of 5A.
- Can power a wide range of devices, including fridges, gaming consoles, laptops, etc.
- Someone who bought this complained about the fact that the inverter wasn’t able to handle a small DVD player and TV without overloading.
No matter where you are, if you need to power your devices, then this is the power inverter to get. It’s lightweight, small, but also easy to use. Highly recommended!
6. ERAYAK 1000W Power Inverter 3 US Outlets
This one thousand W USB power inverter is a great choice to consider if you want to always keep your devices powered on. Better yet, if you want, then you can also change it to AC power and run more powerful devices, including kitchen appliances, computers, electric lights, and more. The Erayak power inverter comes with 3 grounded one hundred and ten volt AC outlets, two intelligent 3.1A USB ports with IR charge technology, and 6 internal twenty-amp fuses.
- Solid build quality ensures that the Erayak power inverter can resist harsh weather.
- Features 3 grounded one hundred and ten volt AC outlets.
- Features 6 internal twenty amp fuses for extra protection.
- One of the fans stopped working after 30 days of use, so it had to be replaced.
You can easily power your TV, DVD player and also your fridge with this impressive power inverter. With 3 grounded one hundred and ten volt AC outlets and excellent protection thanks to the 6 internal fuses, this is one of the best power inverters out there!
5. Cobra CPI 1575 1500 Watt Power Inverter
Convert DC to AC with the Cobra CPI power inverter. This is a fifteen hundred watt power inverter that features 3 AC receptacles, a USB output (5V), and if you want, you can also use a remote control to control it from afar. To ensure absolute safety and protect your devices, the power inverter will shut down and also issue a sound alarm whenever it experiences a power issue.
- Features three grounded AC outlets.
- Peak power of three thousand watts.
- Pentagon Protection ensures five levels of protection against various types of failures.
- One buyer complained that the Cobra CPI shipped without a set screw that the manual said to be included in the package.
No matter if you’re the type who loves campaign or someone who simply like to travel a lot and still be able to use his smartphone or laptop, powering them is no longer a problem thanks to the Cobra CPI power inverter.
4. BESTEK 1000W Power Inverter Dual AC Outlets
Whether you want to power a small device or maybe larger household appliances, the Bestek 1000W power inverter is the way to do that. What makes this so special is the fact that it has a peak power of twenty four hundred W, it weighs only three point sixty three lbs and it works from minus ten degrees and up to temperatures of forty degrees Celsius. This bad boy also comes with full protection, including automatic low battery and overload shutdown to protect any devices connected to it, including itself. Since it’s made of high quality materials, you can rest assured that it can easily withstand being used in harsh environments.
- Solid build quality means it can withstand being used in harsh environments.
- 2400W peak power.
- Automatic low battery and overload shutdown protection.
- This is a great power inverter, but finding replacement fuses for it is very difficult.
The Bestek power inverter is not only easy to use an lightweight, but it can be easily used whenever you go on a trip or outdooring to easily power a wide range of small and also larger devices. Highly recommended!
3. BESTEK 2000W Power Inverter 3 AC Outlets
The Bestek two thousand W portable inverter is one of the most powerful that Bestek has ever manufactured. This model comes with three AC outlets, six fifty A fuses and can be easily used to power just about any device in your home. The inverter has a peak power of forty six hundred W, offers multi protection thanks to its six external fuses, and is made of high quality materials in order to withstand being used in very harsh environments. For peace of mind, the inverter has an eighteen month warranty.
- Six external fuses protect the inverter itself and the devices connected to it.
- Solid build quality guarantees you can use it in very harsh environments.
- Features three AC outlets.
- A guy who got this said that the inverter failed to handle the load for a DVD player and an LCD tv concomitantly.
Easily power a wide range of devices using the Bestek 2000W power inverter. This model is lightweight, compact, but also very simple to use and very powerful. Highly recommended!
2. KRIEGER KR1500 1500W 12V Power Inverter
Whether you want to power a microwave oven, a TV, a laptop or any other similar electronic devices, you can easily do so thank to the Krieger KR1500 inverter. Among the many things you’ll love about this model is the fact that it can easily handle inductive loads. The KR1500 features two USB ports with a shared output capacity of two point one A. To protect the devices connected to it and itself, this model features short circuit, temperature, but also overload protection.
- Excellent three year warranty for peace of mind.
- Short circuit, temperature, and overload protection.
- 2 USB ports.
- Someone who got this said that the USB ports gave him quite a bit of trouble before they actually worked.
Whether you’re the type who wants to keep all his devices fully charged wherever he goes, then this is among the best power inverters you can get. It’s a breeze to use, powerful, and also very well built.
1. ENERGIZER 3000 Watt Power Inverter
The Energizer 3000 is an amazing power inverter that’s capable of 3K W of continuous power, six thousand watts of peak power, and also comes with an LCD display for battery life, output wattage, and input voltage. Furthermore, it’s also RoHS compliant, can be used for charging a wide range of devices, including laptops, tablets, etc. The Energizer 3000 comes with four USB ports with a total output of 2.1A and four AC outlets (standard N-A type).
- Massive peak power of 6000W.
- Features four USB charging ports with a maximum output of 2.1A.
- RoHS compliant.
- Someone who purchased this power inverter said that while it was the best he got, it would always shut down after a few minutes of use.
If you’re the type to travel with a lot of power hungry equipment and want to have the peace of mind that you can easily power it and recharge it at all times, then this is the per inverter to get. It’s easy to use, high tech, and also adequately priced.
Buying a power inverter is not something that you’ll consider too often and that is why you need to make sure that the one you get fully meets your needs. Now that you know all about the top ten best models you can get, purchasing the right one based on your needs should be a breeze. Good luck!
Power Inverters- Buyer’s Guide
When you’re on a the go, say you’re out camping, working away from home, or traveling, a power inverter can make things more convenient for you. This unit is a reliable source of power to keep your electrical appliances and units running when you are out and about. Simply connect it to your vehicle’s cigarette lighter plug, and it should be good to go. With power outlets included, you can plug in your electronic equipment without a problem.
If you’re in search of an excellent power inverter to get for your personal needs, here are a few features you may want to keep in mind.
- Type: Simply put, you can use a power inverter when you want to power your cellphone, gaming console, and similar devices while you are in the car. Even laptops can be powered using this unit, so you can charge the battery when it runs out of juice while you are on a road trip. Your options for a car power inverter include a single outlet or a multiple outlet. If you want something cheaper, then you may settle for the single outlet inverter with a 150-200 max current capacity. But of course, if you want to power more units at a time, then a multiple outlet power inverter is for you. This should give you a chance to charge up to 3 devices, as long as you don’t go beyond the maximum current capacity to prevent your electronic units from functioning poorly.
- USB Ports: You have some devices that may work best with mobile devices including your smartphone, PC, iPhone, and tablets. Good thing you should be able to find a multiple power inverter that comes with a USB port, so it should never be an issue charging or powering these portable devices for continuous ue. But if you want to charge your household item, go for a power inverter that does not have just the USB port as the sole option.
- Safety: A dependable safety feature is another important consideration when buying a power inverter. Choose one that stops the operation upon reaching the maximum internal temperature. This way, your device that is currently plugged into it will not burn out or suffer from damages. There are also some units that shuts off the inverter even before your car battery is dead. The good thing about this is it prevents you from getting stuck in the road with a completely dead car battery. A surge protector is another safety feature that cuts the power automatically upon detecting a power overload or surge.
When you buy a power inverter, always look for the number of outlets included and the safety features added to it. A battery protector, surge/overload protector, and temperature auto cut out are just some of these things worth looking into. Also, check the brand and its reputation as this says a lot about the item you are looking to buy in terms of quality and reliability.