If you plan on getting new running boards, then you should know that they’re great if you want to give your car a new look and the good news is that you can also buy them in a wide range of models. Even though they usually have specific uses, if you want, then you can also use running boards for decorative reasons.
If this is the first time you’re shopping for running boards, then you may feel a bit unsure about the things you should consider prior to getting some. Well if that’s the case, then you should not worry about it. In the reviews below we’ll tell you more about the top ten best running boards you can currently buy.
Best Running Boards in 2019
After reading our reviews of each of them, you’ll find it a lot easier to buy the right one or ones for your needs. Let’s check them out!
Last update on 2019-07-21 / Affiliate links / Price / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
10. iBoard Running Boards
Designed and manufactured by APS, the iBoard is basically a new generation of running boards that is made to look and also feel different. One of the first things you’ll notice about them is that they have a very modern, clean, and flat profile, which gives you that nice special look you want.
In terms of build quality, they’re made of heavy duty brackets and aluminum. Speaking of which, the brackets can support up to the hundred pounds without bending. As such the iBoard is not only very well built, but at the same time you won’t need to worry about it bending anytime soon. Installing them is a breeze and can be done by anyone. Maintenance is very simple and all you have to do is make sure you use non abrasive cleaners to clean them and keep them in tip top condition.
Other things you’ll love about these running boards include their very high corrosion and rust resistance, massive four inch wide one piece bars, and their special smartphone style design.
- Very resistant to corrosion and rust.
- Large four inch wide solid 1 piece bars.
- Features an ultraviolet, non slip, UV resistant rubber pad.
- Someone who got these running boards said that the support brackets hang below and this is not shown in the pictures of the product.
If you really want to get new running boards, then you may want to check out these ones. Not only are they extremely well made, but also have a very special design.
9. iBoard Running Boards Custom Fit (Five inch)
If you really want to get in your car a lot easier, then you should certainly get these running boards. The five inch iBoard running boards come with weld on metal ends which means that they’re going to stay on permanently. They’re also resistant to rust, water proof, and you’ll be happy to know what they make your truck look like it’s brand new. These are built for comfort and safety and have complete coverage from one end to another, include premium quality rubber, and feature a grooved trade for more traction and comfort. Designed and manufactured in the USA.
- Made of aircraft grade aluminum.
- Includes driver and passenger side boards.
- Rust and corrosion resistant.
- A buyer who got these said that they don’t work on a ’16 Ram fifteen hundred Crew cab.
Those who want to get their hands on some really nice looking running boards may want to check out the iBoard five inch running boards. These are extremely sturdy, look amazing, and will last you for a very long time as well. Highly recommended.
8. iBoard Running Boards Matte Black Custom Fit (Five inch)
Are you looking for new running boards because your old ones are either broken or just look too old? Well, no matt the reason, the good news is that you can easily replace them with the iBoard five inch running boards. One of the things you’ll love about these among many others is the fact that they are not only rust resistant, but they’re also waterproof. When you put these on, you’re truck will look brand new. Since they have weld on ends, they’re going to stay on permanently. These boards look solid from every angle, have a black powdered coat for a beautiful matte finish, are made of aircraft grade aluminum, and are also designed and made in the United States.
- Made of high quality aircraft grad aluminum.
- Water proof and corrosion resistant.
- Solid one piece boards.
- Come with premium rubber for that extra grip.
- Installing these may not be as easy as some people think.
Do you want to replace your running boards with a pair of new ones that look modern and are also corrosion and rust resistant? If that’s the case, then you should get the iBoard running boards as soon as possible. Highly recommended!
7. Westin 23-1680 Polished Step Bars
For the perfect fit regardless of the truck model you have, the Westin 23-1680 running boards are some of the best you can currently get. One thing you’ll once about them is that they actually use your vehicle’s existing frame holes so that you can install them without any drilling. The boards are made of high quality three inch steel tubing with a polymer bar that is resistant to ultraviolet rays. They also come with a five year warranty. Bolt-on installation is also possible.
- Five year warranty for peace of mind.
- Simple bolt-on installation.
- Made of high quality steel tubing (three inch, polished).
- A buyer of these boards said that the first they got didn’t fit his vehicle. However, the company did send him new ones which made for a great fit.
Are you looking for a pair of high quality running boards for your vehicle? Well, look no more. These are not only very well made, but you can also install them without drilling any holes in your car. How great is that?
6. Westin 27-6620
These straight step style running boards can be purchase in a total of 6 universal style lengths. When it comes to installing them, they can be installed by using the cradle mounting method. In terms of build quality, they’re made of an extruded aluminum base board and also come with a step area made of high quality rubber. The Westin 2706620 also come with a five year warranty for peace of mind.
- Available in six different lengths.
- Five year warranty gives buyers peace of mind.
- Simple to install.
- The plastic part from the ends will rise up after a while.
Give your truck the new look you want with these amazing running boards. They’re not only amazing in terms of design, but they’re also very sturdy, simple to install, and are very rugged!
5. Westin 27-6630 Polished Aluminum Step Board
Available in six different universal style lengths, the Westin 276630 aluminum step boards are certainly some of the best you can get. Installing them is very simple and you can do so by using the cradle mounting method. Since they’re made of high quality extruded aluminum not only are they lightweight, but they are also very rugged and will last for many years to come. The five year warranty gives you peace of mind that the company does indeed stand behind their products.
- Available in a six different style lengths.
- Manufacturer offer a five year warranty for peace of mind.
- Made of high quality extruded aluminum.
- These look great once you install them on your truck, but the truth is that some people may think they’re a bit pricey for the quality you get.
If you want to upgrade your truck’s look without spending crazy amounts of money for this, then this is a great way to begin. These running boards are not only well made, but they look great and are simple to install, too. How cool is that?
4. Lund 22858737 Chrome Oval Bent Nerf Bars (Five inch)
For those looking for that custom fit when purchasing running boards, the Lund chrome five inch bent nerf bars are certainly the ones to consider. One thing you need to know about these is that they have a broad recessed look, a total size of eighty seven inches, and also come with ultraviolet resistant rubber pads. These not only provide excellent traction, but they’re also very durable. Given the fact that it comes with no drill brackets, you don’t have to worry about making holes in your truck to install these. Lastly, given the fact they’re made of high quality aluminum, you can rest assured that they’re durable and corrosion resistant as well.
- Made of corrosion resistant aluminum.
- Custom fit eighty seven inch running boards.
- Features no drill brackets so that you don’t have to drill holes in your truck to install them.
- Someone who got these said that these didn’t properly fit his truck ’13 F150 Crew Cab).
If you love your truck a lot and want to improve its looks, but don’t want to drill any holes in it, then you don’t have to. These running boards come with no drill brackets so you can install them with ease. How great is that?
3. Lund 22858768 Chrome (Five inch)
Designed with a custom fit, the five inch Lund chrome running boards are ideal if you want to upgrade or replace your current running boards. One thing you need to know about these is that they have an aluminum frame that is corrosion resistant, but they also come with a one hundred percent exclusive no drill brackets for easy installation. In terms of size, they measure eighty seven inches which should be enough to fit most trucks. Lastly, they come with an ultraviolet resistant rubber pad for improved durability and excellent traction.
- Made of corrosion resistant aluminum.
- Custom fit 87” running boards.
- Thanks to the no drill brackets you can install these without having to drill holes in your truck to.
- A buyer said that he has these for three years and that’s how long it took for them to start falling apart.
Upgrade your truck’s look with these impressive looking running boards. They’re very well made, durable, and are very simple to install as well. Highly recommended!
2. Lund 22368768 Chrome (Six inch)
Made of powder coated mild steel construction and three hundred and four stainless steel, these running boards are some of the best you can currently get. These step pads are recessed and they have a surface that effectively grips for improved stability. They’re also ultraviolet resistant for increased longevity. In size, they range from eighty to eighty seven inches and can be installed without drilling any holes in your truck. Lastly, for peace of mind, the manufacturer offers a limited lifetime warranty on these.
- Excellent 304 SS or powder coated mild steel build quality.
- Corrosion resistant frame.
- Can be installed easily thanks o the no drill brackets.
- While these do ship with the required installation hardware, someone said that it didn’t fit his ’15 Chevy 3500.
Give your truck a new look with these amazing looking running boards. They’re corrosion resistant, a breeze to install and look really cool as well.
1. Genuine Toyota Accessories PT938-89100
One of the first things you’ll notice about these running boards is how cool they look. They come with skid resistant step pads which ensure secure footing, and they’re also corrosion resistant. Thanks to their stainless steel trim, you can rest assured that these will last for many years to come. Keep in mind that these are an exact replacement for the original part, so they’re going to fit perfectly on your Toyota vehicle. Come with a one year warranty.
- Genuine Toyota product.
- Stainless steel trim for extra durability.
- Secure footing thanks to the skid resistant step pads.
- These look great and no one will argue with you about that, but the truth is that they’re very expensive.
If you have a Toyota truck and don’t want to get any other running boards than the original the truck shipped with, then look no further. These are not only the real deal, but they’re also simple to install and very rugged. Highly recommended!
Who said that buying new running boards for your vehicle is hard? Now that you’ve read the reviews of the top 10 running boards on the market, choosing the right ones for your needs should be a lot easier. Happy shopping!