A pickup truck is a very useful and practical vehicle, but when it comes to tools rattling around in the bed, there’s nothing practical about that. On top of that, if you ever had to repair your truck, you know that leaving the tools out in the open is very dangerous and highly impractical as well.
Luckily, you don’t need to worry about doing that ever again since there are many types of truck tool boxes you can buy so you can store them safely. If you’ve never bought one before, then it’s safe to say that you may not know too much about what you need to bear in mind before making a purchase.
Best Truck Tool Boxes in 2018
There are also many types of truck tool boxes that you can buy and they all come with different types of features, in different sizes, the materials they’re made of are different, etc. To help you choose, we have taken the time to review the top 10 best truck tool boxes on the market. Let’s take a closer look at them below and see which one meets your needs best.
- 10. Dee Zee 6535P
- 9. Undercover SC400D Black Swing Case Storage Box
- 8. 36-Inch Aluminum Truck Underbody Tool Box
- 7. TMS Aluminum Tool Box
- 6. Better Built 73010911 Crown Series Low Profile Crossover Tool Box
- 5. UWS TBSM36 Side Mount Truck Box
- 4. DeeZee DZ 6160NB
- 3. Buyers Products Poly All-Purpose Chest
- 2. Dee Zee DZ8546SB
- 1. Better Built 73210285 Truck Tool Box
- Truck Tool Boxes- Buyer’s Guide and Tips
10. Dee Zee 6535P
The Dee Zee 6535P is an excellent tool box that has a total amount of available space space of three point six cubic feet. In terms of build quality, you’ll be happy to know that it’s made of highly durable poly plastic and it also features a rectangular design that very much resembles like a chest design. As for the storage box itself, it’s not only very rugged, but at the same time it’s very durable as well.
Unlike other tool boxes, this one will easily resist warping and it also comes with a double walled lid which means that even if you exercise a lot of pressure on it, it’s still going to be very strong. Looking inside, you’ll find two cup holders, two recessed portions and a lot of space to store your tools. The overall depth is about fourteen inches while the height it thirteen inches.
- This tool box has a lot of space so you can store a lot of tools in it.
- Excellent for a large or small SUV (rear storage).
- Double walled lid for extra sturdiness.
- One of the things you won’t like about this toolbox is that the bottom is not a smooth surface.
If you’re looking for a well made and sturdy tool box, then you should consider getting the Dee Zee6535P. Not only is it spacious enough to store a wide range of tools, but it’s also very well built.