Our top 10 best truck tool boxes in 2021 reviews offer you a selection of highly-rated items in this category to help you with your search. Have a look at these amazing truck toolboxes to ensure your safety each time. Great for emergency or job site use, you can breathe easy knowing that you have all the tools you need in one box. So, check out these products below and determine which among these items suit you best.
When buying a good quality truck toolbox, be sure to consider a few important features. For instance, it needs to be weatherproof. Consider a truck toolbox that can resist external elements that tend to cause damages to it. There should be a proper seal all around the toolbox seals. This way, rain, and moisture can never penetrate inside. Then, you need to check the lock. A lock is important for preventing unauthorized individuals from accessing your toolbox. This is why you need to choose a lock that is easy to work with but hard to tamper with.
Next, check the lid. Is the lid highly secure and closes smoothly and tightly? This is essential to prevent any issue with cracks that can cause other people to break it. Lastly, size matters. Choose a size that is ideal to your unique needs. With these things all in place, let us go over our top 10 best truck tool boxes in 2021 reviews. These are among our top picks in terms of value for your money and high-quality design you can count on.
Benefits of Using a Truck Bed Storage
- The benefit of a bed cover is increased gas mileage, one of the most ignored yet significant. A covered bed can contribute to far less air resistance than getting an open bed. The new aerodynamic configuration saves vehicle owners 10% more gas miles.
- We recognize that the first problem for most citizens is the minimal capacity in their vehicle, but bed covers imply the very reverse.
- They offer Tonneau coverage with T-slot tracks for additional transport capability at Trick Trucks-imagine roof racks except for your truck frame. The aluminum rails are the perfect way to move big objects while also allowing you to use your bed and covers without any problems.
- Besides, the rails hold anything from motorcycles to kayaks and coolers with their capacity to accommodate over 500 lbs.
- A pick-truck is designed to hold items, which does not mean that anyone has to learn what they are bringing. The perfect way to avoid those minds roaming around? Protect the things you have. You will prevent sight and the mind of potential robbers with bedding clothes. Any passer-touch your belongings and support themselves with an open bed.
Types of Truck Bed Tool Boxes
Truck toolboxes are distributed in three basic types: topside, underbody, and crossover. Boxes on the roof of the side panels of the truck, boxes on the underside of the bed, and hybrid boxes at the rear of the cab at the side panels.
Best Truck Tool Boxes in 2021
There are also many types of truck toolboxes that you can buy and they all come with different types of features, in different sizes, the materials they’re made of are different, etc.
To help you choose, we have taken the time to review the top 10 best truck tool boxes on the market. Let’s take a closer look at them below and see which one meets your needs best.
Last update on 2021-04-15 / Affiliate links / Price / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
10. ARKSEN Durable Tool Box
If durability is what you look for, then you can never go wrong with this toolbox from Arksen. This is why we highly recommended this item for you. This is a fantastic under bed storage, so you can secure items while at the same time making them easy to access for you. The latch has a T-Handle design. There is also a dual-lock. What this does is that it prevents people from picking the lock open. Thus, it is secure and safe.
We are thoroughly impressed with this product. No wonder it deserves a spot in our top 10 best truck tool boxes in 2021 reviews. But it is a little strange that its weight is only 15 pounds. Fortunately, it matches up to our expectations quite well.Check price on Amazon
9. Arksen Aluminum Tool Box 49 Inches
When it comes to a bigger toolbox for your truck, this one from Arksen fits the bill. It is a powerful toolbox that you can rely on for your storage purposes. It works with your trailer and RV, to name a few. The lip design is overhanging. What this does is to prevent moisture from getting in. Thus, everything inside this toolbox stays dry and safe. There are also handles that make this box quite portable. Carrying it should be quick and effortless.
Just one thing to note about this product – the material is slightly thin. It is aluminum, yet not the thick kind. This is why some people question its solidity. But for the price, it is quite decent.Check price on Amazon
8. TruXedo TL Tool Box
For maximum performance from a good toolbox, you can rely on what the TruXedo offers. It is crafted from the finest material. It is also adjustable, which makes mounting a breeze. You can install it in different configurations you prefer. As for the size, it should be great as it fits many tools. You can also mount this under your truck bed for additional security.
Installation was pretty much seamless for this product. This is why you will have the ease of using this item for your precious tools on your truck. It also works for your precious personal belongings.Check price on Amazon
7. Undercover SwingCase Tool Box
This is another truck toolbox that we simply love. The lock is secure, and it is definitely not easy to tamper with. It can hold up to 75 pounds, and it has a height of 8 inches. We love this US-made product, which is known for its durability and practically. You should not have any issue with taking gears with you on your travel.
Please be sure to read the instructions carefully on how to install this toolbox. By doing so, you should not have any problem with setting it up correctly. Other than that, it is a well-made product that does exactly what it is supposed to do.Check price on Amazon
6. Montezuma Toolbox
There are definitely so many things to love about this high-quality toolbox. It is durable, as it is crafted from the finest materials to maintain its solid build. The steel is heavy-duty and can sustain abuse. In fact, it is not spot-welded making it absolutely strong and sturdy. It is even weather-resistant. This is why rain or shine, it should remain in good condition for years to come.
For the price you pay and the quality you get, we can say this item is truly worth it. While it may be a bit too heavy, it only means that the build is undeniably strong. This is why we recommend this product for the purpose it serves.Check price on Amazon
5. Dee Zee Utility Chest
Pack up your tools and personal items with ease using this toolbox. The Dee Zee toolbox is great for trucks, which helps you to secure your property with ease. There is a secure lid, which is very strong and rigid. It can handle abuse, so you can expect it to remain in a solid condition after a long time. The internal bends while the body offers superb strength to the box. There are even side handles to boost the portability of this product.
At first glance, you may notice that this toolbox seems a bit too plain. But considering its performance and what it does, we can truly say it is perfect for the price.Check price on Amazon
4. ARKSEN Underbody Toolbox
As we near the top rank of our top 10 best truck tool boxes in 2021 reviews, we proceed to another good quality item. This toolbox has a very sleek, yet roomy design. You should be able to place a number of items without worrying that they will not fit. The toolbox is an underbody one. This means that you can secure it under your vehicle. There are carrying handles that support moving the tool around as needed.
There is no doubt that this is such a spectacular toolbox for the price tag. It is a bit clunky to install but once you have gotten over this step, it is good to go.Check price on Amazon
3. Better Built Tool Box
What we like the most about this tool box is the design. The lid is low-profile and narrow. It makes it perfect to use in a cramped space without any hassle. You can also have more room available in the truck bed. The mounting hardware and everything else you need for the installation is provided for.
If there is one thing to improve about this product, it would be the material. Unfortunately, it is just slightly thin. This is why you need to be careful so as not to dent it.Check price on Amazon
2. Buyers Products Underbody Toolbox
Spacious and space-saving, this is a toolbox to have for your needs. It is crafted from a durable steel body, as well as an aluminum door. You can expect it to last a long time as it is corrosion-resistant. The box secures your items. There is a hidden hinge, which makes it protected from tamper. Mounting the box is also a breeze. You can either mount it on the flat truck bed or put it underneath your truck. Either way, it should work.
Make it a point to read carefully the instructions on how to install this toolbox. This way, you will not encounter any issues with the mounting process.Check price on Amazon
1. Weather Guard Saddle Box
Do you search for additional storage in your vehicle? In this way, the Weather Guard ranks high in our top 10 best truck tool boxes in 2021 reviews. This features a 90-degree opening cover, which offers quick access. The powder coating added to the exterior is great. This protects the toolbox from corrosion and damage. With a spacious interior, you should be able to fit so many things to this box. It is also easy to install. Everything you need to get it all set up is included in the package. Considering the cost, build, and functionality of this item, we can say that it truly deserves the top spot. It absolutely works and does an amazing job!
Overall, we simply love this saddle box. It works and does an amazing job. The replacement keys are a tad pricey, so be sure to keep it secure to avoid costly expenses for this piece.Check price on Amazon
Buying a toolbox for your truck can be quite difficult when you don’t know what to consider prior to making a purchase. We hope that our reviews have addressed some of the things that you need to be on the lookout for prior to getting yours.
Enjoy using your brand new toolbox!
Best Truck Tool Boxes – Buyer’s Guide
So many things can happen while you’re driving your truck, and the last thing you want is to be unprepared for emergencies. This is why you should never leave home without a toolbox in the backseat of your vehicle to spare yourself from getting stranded on the road.
Choosing the right type of toolbox is important to make sure you get just the right one you need without causing damages to your vehicle’s interior.
Say you have a work truck, and it looks pretty much like the others without a covered space for storing your tools. In this case, you should invest in a quality toolbox that could be very useful for your work, supposing you’re a handyman or any similar job.
You can also use this storage for your emergency items or even some groceries instead of leaving them lying around on the back of your vehicle.
Considering the multiple uses of a toolbox, let’s take a look at the following features to help you choose among your options.
- Sturdy and Secure: What’s the point of getting a toolbox, if it is not even durable? When searching for a truck toolbox, go for one that is well-made and secure. A heavy box made from superior quality metal is a solid bet, one that cannot be cracked open even with a crowbar. Not to mention the fact that the box is very heavy, and no thief would bother detaching and carrying it away. Also, if you can find a box with a rotary latch system, this is much better since no tools can be used to force it open.
- Durable: Toolboxes have different designs, but all of them are basically made from similar materials such as stainless steel, aluminum, and steel. The question is, which among these materials is the best?
- Although aluminum is lightweight, you’ll be surprised about how lightweight it really is. In fact, there are aluminum toolboxes that are much stronger than some steel-made ones, yet they are lighter. The material is also rust-proof, so that makes it less likely to deteriorate quickly. The best news of all? You don’t need to replace the box because it got covered with rust.
- Like we said, tool boxes made of steel are quite heavy, and this gives you an idea about how sturdy they can be. But then, since steel toolboxes usually have a powder coating for the finish designed for rust protection, your box may be prone to corrosion once the coating is scratched off in time.
- If you want to spend a little more, though, stainless steel is an excellent choice because it is more rigid and also corrosion-resistant. So it has the features you can get from aluminum and steel. Yet again, if you live in coastal areas where chemical salts are common, your toolbox still runs the risk of corroding and prone to damages.
- Style: There are crossover and side-mounted toolboxes available in the market, and your choice depends on how you prefer the box to sit in your truck. With a crossover toolbox, are mounted on the truck’s bed rails. This offers more space underneath whenever you need to haul some goods such as lumber and metal rods.
- As for a side-mounted toolbox, it faces outwards and spares you from having to reach over your truck’s side just to gain access to it. There also no hopping in and out of your truck’s bed, thus making it perfect whenever switching tools all day because of the convenience that this style offers.
Lastly, think about the size you need and your budget. Invest in a quality toolbox while considering the price you are willing to pay. Be sure it has a sufficient amount of space you need and try to stick to your budget as much as you can without compromising the quality of your purchased item.
FAQ’s about Best Truck Tool Boxes
What Size for the Tool Box Do I need?
Toolboxes are distributed in various styles and types from compact to small, you’ll have to do it even bigger whether you’re a sales specialist or if you’re out of your house. There are also transitional choices for individuals who have acquired a wide range of equipment in their houses, or experts operating from their vehicles.
How Should I measure My Truck Bed?
- Place the tape on the truck bed bulkhead.
- Move through your bed rail to the inside of your rear doors. Stretch the measuring tape. Record inches calculation.
- Divide the duration of the truck bed into lengths within 12 inches.
How do I install a Truck Tool Box?
In the pre-drilled cavity join the rubber j-bolt connections, if not already. Place the box over the lining or the foam. To show the inside, open the toolbox. Insert a j-bolt hook below the package and bring the threaded portion through the rubber connection.
So, here we are done with the analysis of the best truck toolbox and hope it was a beneficial article for you as we tried our best to bring you the best of all.
In the end, all we can say is that it depends on your choice and desires. Hopefully, you choose the best one for yourself!