Since prices have gone down a lot in the past few years, more and more people can afford to buy really high-quality DVD car players. If you’re the type who always likes to watch movies in his car and you don’t want to compromise on that in terms of quality, then you need to buy a high-quality DVD player. It’s not only you that will be able to take advantage of it, but also your wife and kids if you have any.
Those long drives that we all sometimes make can be really boring for the kids, but having a DVD player in your car can make the journey that much more fun. Before you get a car DVD player though, you need to keep in mind that there are quite a few you can choose from. Some of the types include the flip down, headrest, in-dash, but also rearview mirror DVD players.
Best Car DVD Players in 2017
Luckily, researching the best one for your need is not going to be something you’ll need to do, and that’s because in the article below we’ve reviewed the top ten best car DVD players you can currently buy. Let’s check them out and see which one you like most.
- 10. Philips PD9012M/37 – 9-inch Dual Screen Portable DVD Player
- 9. RCA DRC69705 – 7-Inch Dual Screen Mobile DVD System
- 8. 10.1-Inch Car Headrest Android 5.1 Video Player Monitor 1080 P
- 7. NAVISKAUTO CH1006B – 10.1 Inch HD 1080P Headrest Monitor LCD Wide Screen
- 6. Car Headrest DVD Player, LESHP 10.1 inch Ultra-thin HD 720P Digital TFT Screen Design Car Headrest
- 5. NAVISKAUTO CH1003B – 10.1 Inch Headrest DVD Player HD 1080P TFT LCD Screen
- 4. XTRONS 2 X 9-Inch Twin Car Headrest with Built-In DVD Player and Touchscreen Display
- 3. XTRONS 2x 10.1 Inch Twins HD Digital DVD Player
- 2. XTRONS 2x 10.1 Inch Twins HD Digital Touch DVD Player
- 1. AUTOWINGS A-H9110B Car Headrest DVD Player
- Buyer’s Guide for Car DVD Players
10. Philips PD9012M/37 – 9-inch Dual Screen Portable DVD Player
Thanks to its nine-inch screen, the Philips PD9 is by far one of the best car DVD players you can get if you don’t want to spend too much money on one. This bad boy comes with a nine inch TFT LCD display which has good color accuracy, and it’s also very vibrant. The DVD is compatible with CDs, (S)VCDs, DVD RW, DVD+ and DVD-, and many others. Furthermore, you can easily expand your enjoyment thanks to the fact that this system comes with two DVD screens.
If you’re someone who wants to keep watching movies while on the road, then this is the best car DVD player to get if you’re on a budget. Highly recommended!
- Can play a wide range of discs, including CDs, DVDs, DVD+, etc.
- Great picture quality.
- Dual TFT screens for double the fun and enjoyment.
- A buyer said that while in the beginning, this system was great, soon after it started to turn itself off randomly.
9. RCA DRC69705 – 7-Inch Dual Screen Mobile DVD System
The DRC69705 car DVD player from RCA is a great choice if you want to simply park your car at random times and enjoy your favorite shows or maybe a movie that you’ve been wanting to see in a very long time, but never had the chance to. The player comes with electronic skip protection, has a headphone jack, built in stereo speakers, and can be easily set up. The LCD screen quality is great and the image looks very crisp. The DRC69705 comes with an AV power cable, a car power adapter, but also a remote control, and 2 headrest mounting kits.
You can easily enjoy watching a wide range of content on this amazing car DVD player while you’re waiting for friends or maybe for your wife in the parking lot to pick her up from her job. Since this player is also affordable, it’s certainly a great choice to consider.
- Comes with two headrest mounting kits.
- Smooth playback thanks to the electronic skip protection.
- Built-in headphone jacks and speakers.
- While the car DVD player is said to include a headphone jack and AV input, that is not really true.
8. 10.1-Inch Car Headrest Android 5.1 Video Player Monitor 1080 P
Bring on the fun and excitement even when you have to drive for hours with energetic kids in tow! This car headrest video player monitor has a 10.1-inch screen that is just right for onboard movie viewing. It supports the 1080P resolution, so you can expect the picture quality to be quite decent for such a small, portable unit. There are several ports included such as the AUX IN, mini SD card slot, and the USD port. You can view the files you have in your USB drives such as your movies and music, or check out the pictures in your SD card by simply plugging these into the video player. As for the monitor, it has a touchscreen functionality that allows you to control the settings with just a touch of the display. But you can also use the remote control if you want, which gives you more options on how to navigate round the different menus on the screen. A 2-in-1 unit, this can be used in the car or at home. While traveling in the car, you have a portable unit for viewing. Once you reach your destination, you can bring it with you and use it as a tablet anytime and anywhere.
This is a solid video player for the car with numerous functions and features. It even supports Wifi, so you can sync files from your phone to this device once you have paired them successfully. Just check the installation carefully and get the cables out of the way to minimize the clutter and to prevent loose connections.
- There is Wifi connectivity for syncing files from your device to this unit.
- The screen is large enough for your viewing pleasure.
- There are various ports to support your USB drive or SD card.
- The cables are too long, so they have a tendency to get in the way
7. NAVISKAUTO CH1006B – 10.1 Inch HD 1080P Headrest Monitor LCD Wide Screen
The Naviskauto car DVD player is a great choice if you’re the type of person who wants to watch content in high quality. Speaking of which, this model supports resolutions of up to 1440 by 1080p. The DVD itself is very thin, and it also comes with two brackets so that you can easily install it in your car. If you want, you can also carry and use this in your home as well. To include some of the ports this model features, they are HDMI, USB 2.0, but also MMC and SD card slot. Just keep in mind that this model cannot play CDs and DVDs.
Whether in your car or at home, this car DVD player is the best way to enjoy movies or TV shows. Since it’s very thin and easy to install, you’ll absolutely love it the minute you start using it.
- Includes a wide range of ports, such as USB, HDMI, but also MMC, and SD.
- Can be used both in your car and at home.
- Maximum resolution of 1440 by 1080p.
- The display color is not that great, and you don’t have too many options to adjust the brightness and color.
6. Car Headrest DVD Player, LESHP 10.1 inch Ultra-thin HD 720P Digital TFT Screen Design Car Headrest
This impressive car DVD player not only supports 720p videos, but it also comes with a ten point one inch screen that’s capable of a resolution of 1024 by 600 pixels with a sixteen by nine wide view angle. What you’ll love about it among other thing is the fact that it has a removable design. This means that you can use it both at home and in your car. Furthermore, it’s compatible with almost all types of CDs and DVDs and it also has great language support for up to 7 languages. No longer will you need to worry about your kids getting injured by sharp edges, since this model comes with rounded corners and edges.
Whether you buy it for yourself or for the kids so they can enjoy watching high quality videos in your car, this is one of the best car DVD players out there for the price.
- Rounded corners and edges to protect children form injuring themselves.
- Supports 720p content.
- High quality screen.
- Comes with MMC, SD, USB, and HDMI ports.
- This car DVD player is really great, but it’s a bit too thick for some people’s liking.
5. NAVISKAUTO CH1003B – 10.1 Inch Headrest DVD Player HD 1080P TFT LCD Screen
The CH1003B from Naviskauto is an impressive car DVD player that comes with a ten point one inch screen that’s supports FHD videos and has a resolution of 1024 by 600 pixels. Just like the previous model we reviewed, this one also has a removable design, meaning that you can use it both in your car and at home. Furthermore, this model is DVD region free, meaning that you can use it to play a wide range of CDs and DVDs. In terms of ports, you get a USB 2.0 port, HDMI, Fm, IR, MMC and SD card slots, and a built in thirty two bit wireless games function with a game disc. Thanks to the HDMI port, you can use audio and video content from other devices and play them in your car, at home, etc.
You can now enjoy watching high quality content, including audio and video from a wide range of sources in your car or at home thanks to the CH1003B from Naviskauto. This player is very easy to use, and on top of that, it has a great design.
- HDMI port allows you to play both video and audio content from various devices.
- DVD region free.
- Great quality ten point one inch screen with 16:9 viewing angle.
- The connector cables this model ships with are poor and they may break.
4. XTRONS 2 X 9-Inch Twin Car Headrest with Built-In DVD Player and Touchscreen Display
This portable device for the car comes with a 9-inch touchscreen display that makes it quick and easy for you to control the system and navigate through the menu. Then, you can simply adjust the settings or make your selections as you click on the onscreen menu and buttons. The digital screen supports a resolution of 800 x 480 p, which suffices in giving you a pleasant viewing experience. There is a USB port that supports the MP3 player and USB drive, and it comes with a 32GB maximum capacity. This unit also has an SD card slot supporting both the SDHC and the SD cards, but with a file limit of 4GB. However, it can read an SDHC card with 32GB memory. Among the compatible formats of both the SD and the USB are the following: MPEG, XVID, JPEG, WMA, MP3, MOV, DIVX, VCD, and DAT. Thus, you can enjoy watching your movies, videos, or view your photos and listen to music because of the wide selection of supported formats.
Overall, the unit looks attractive with a good-sized and responsive touchscreen display. But the speaker volume could use some improvements because it is a bit on the low side. Moreover, there is no ample support offered by the mounting brackets. So, you may want to use additional tools to reinforce the connection to the headrest.
- This unit can support a wide range of formats to let you watch a wide range of videos or music files.
- The resolution is decent enough and suitable for the screen size of the unit.
- There is a USB port and a slot for your SDHC and SD card that allow you to view files stored in these items.
- The sound quality is not very impressive.
- There is insufficient support for the headrest.
3. XTRONS 2x 10.1 Inch Twins HD Digital DVD Player
The Xtrons car DVD player features dual screens, meaning that if you travel with multiple people in your car, then they can all enjoy watching their favorite content without having to gather round a single screen. Furthermore, this model has an HDMI port which exams that any content you have on your phone or other devices can be shared with everyone you travel with. Unlike other car DVD players, this model also supports thirty two bit games which means you can enjoy exciting games during long trips to pass the time. The Xtrons player features SD card slots, USB ports, and is a region free DVD player. Thanks to its removable design, you can use it both at home and in your car.
Enjoy your favorite content on the go and in your home thanks to the Xtrons car DVD player. Thin, well made, and affordable, it’s certainly a great option for anyone who needs a new DVD player.
- Removable design means you can use it in your car and at home.
- HDMI port allows you to share content from a wide range of devices.
- Very thin design.
- When playing new DVDs, the player skips even when driving on smooth roads.
2. XTRONS 2x 10.1 Inch Twins HD Digital Touch DVD Player
The Xtrons ten point one inch dual high definition digital touch car DVD player is an excellent choice for enjoying content in your home or on the go. Not only can you use SD cards and USB sticks to play content through it, but it also supports 32 bit games. The screen has a resolution of 1024 by 600 pixels, it’s a touchscreen, and has great color accuracy.
Watch movies and listen to your favorite tunes on this impressive car DVD player. Not only is it thin, but it can also be used both at home and in your car. How cool is that?
- HD touchscreen is very crisp looking.
- Removable design for home and car use.
- Very thin design, includes 1 pair of IR headphones.
- The remote control that ships with this model has interferences.
1. AUTOWINGS A-H9110B Car Headrest DVD Player
With a resolution of 800 by 480 pixels, the nine inch TFT LCD screen the A-H9110B comes with looks very crisp. Better yet, it has a very thin design, it’s compatible with a wide range of CDs and DVDs, and if you want, you can also use it at home. Comes with USB, HDMI, and video input and output ports. Furthermore, the built in dual channel IR (A/B) transmitter is great if you want to use the player with IR wireless headphones which this model ships with. Lastly, the A-H9110B also comes with a built in speaker.
If the best is what you’re looking for, then this is it. The A-H9110B DVD player can play almost any type of CD and DVD, and since it comes with a wide range of ports and functionalities, it can make your journey that much more pleasant. Highly recommended!
- Features a built in speaker and wireless headphones.
- Supports video of up to 720p.
- Crisp looking screen with a resolution of 800 by 480 pixels.
- Comes with a leather cover.
- Someone who got this was disappointed when one of his DVDs was stuck inside the player.
Whether you already have your eye set on a car DVD player or are not yet aware of which one to get, this list should give you a solid idea of the best players out there. Read it carefully, examine your needs, and then get the player that best meets them. Happy shopping!
Buyer’s Guide for Car DVD Players
A long car ride can turn out to be a tiring and even boring experience for your passengers, particularly if you have young kids in tow. This is why it may be smart to install a car DVD player to give hours of entertainment throughout the ride. Our car DVD player buying guide below should help you select the right product for your needs as you learn more about the features to look into when purchasing this item.
Portable car DVD players come in various types such as rear view mirror, headrest, in-dash, and flip-down models. Once you have decided on the type to buy, you will next have to look into some specifications that can impact your viewing experience such as the battery life, screen size, supported file formats, and additional features. Thus, the choice can be overwhelming if you have no idea what suits your needs the most. Here are a few factors to consider during your search.
- Type: Popular options for car DVD players include the headrest and flip-down types since these offer a more comfortable viewing experience because of the position of the screen. There is no need to strain or twist your neck, which often occurs with units that are the situation in an awkward position. In-dash and rearview mirror portable DVD players are other types you can find on the market, yet these may cause the driver to be distracted and lose focus on the road.
- Screen Size and Resolution: DVD players for cars have screens that range from 6 to even 11 inches in size. The larger the screen, the better the viewing experience. Also, it is best to buy one that comes with a higher resolution display to make sure that colors are more vivid and clearer.
- Supported Formats: There are players that can only support DVD-RWs and DVD-Rs, while others also play various audio formats including MP3, CD-R, CD, and CD-RW. The more formats are supported, the better, since you can play music and movies for at the same time.
- Longer Battery life: Although car DVD players usually come with a power charger, it is practical to shop for a unit that can hold a charge longer. Great options are those that allow you to watch a full length movie (or movies) for up to 6 to 7 hours straight. This way, you no longer have to utilize the power source from your car by having to charge the battery frequently.
In addition to these basic requirements, it may be worth checking out car DVD players that offer advanced extra features including DIVX file compatibility, GPS, and audio outputs and inputs. These enhance your overall viewing experience, but be prepared to set a higher budget that comes with these units that have more sophisticated functionalities.