Almost all men enjoy working on their own car. In general, people tend to work on simple things and let the bigger problems for expert mechanics. However, a good floor jack should be something mandatory that every car owner should have. They are often referred to as a car jack or a garage jack. These mechanical devices can make it very easy to lift a car using hydraulics.
A good floor jack can guarantee safety while working under the car. A regular model usually handles around 5000 pounds which are enough to lift a large SUV. They come in three different types, and all of them provide the same reliability. The most popular model in car shops is hydraulic floor jacks. Scissor jacks are the classic model that most vehicle manufacturers include for free. The bottle or piston jack is basically another type of a hydraulic jack. Their only downside is the fact that they do not get as low as regular floor jacks when compressed.
Best Floor Jacks in 2019
A floor jack on its own is not as safe are some might like which is why it is always recommended to use jack stands as well. For our list, we selected 10 different floor jacks for a rather long list of available models. Only the most reliable managed to get selected. To keep things short let’s jump right into our list of the top 10 best floor jack reviews in 2019.
- 10. Sunex 6602LP Lowrider Service Jack
- 9. Blackhawk B6350 Black/Red Fast Lift Service Jack
- 8. Pittsburgh Automotive 3 Ton Low Profile Floor Jack
- 7. Arcan ALJ3T Aluminum Floor Jack
- 6. Arcan XL2T Black Low Profile Steel Service Jack
- 5. Pro-Lift F-767 Grey Low Profile Floor Jack
- 4. Torin T83006 SUV Service Jack
- 3. Torin T815005L Aluminum Racing Jack
- 2. Powerzone 380033 2 Ton Steel Floor Jack
- 1. Powerzone 380044 3 Ton Aluminum and Steel Garage Jack
10. Sunex 6602LP Lowrider Service Jack
Sunex 6602LP Lowrider Service Jack is one of the premium models that was built to be reliable and capable of handling intense usage. It is a common model that is regularly used in auto shops and by professional mechanics.
The Jack has a 2.75-inch minimum height and can go up to 24 inches. It is made out of aluminum and steel and uses a dual pump system that makes it capable of reaching the maximum height quite fast. Because it has a lower profile, the model takes very little storage space, and it is very easy to handle.