The Apple Watch was a bit late to the show as it was introduced after Android smart watches were made available commercially. Still, like any Apple product, the Apple Watch became a top seller almost instantly and it is easy to understand why. It looks and feels premium and it fits well into the whole Apple ecosystem. As with any of their other products, accessories made by third party brands started to appear. One of the most useful accessories are the Apple Watch charging docks.
The vast majority of Apple charging docks are actually stands. They do not come with their own charger but they work with the charger that comes with the watch. This brings the question to why would anyone get a dock since it does not have a built-in charger. The reason is that the dock simply makes it much more convenient to just place the Apple Watch onto a stand. Most of these charging docks tend to focus a lot on design. They are meant to look like a cool gadget. This happens with the cheaper docks but there are a few expensive models that actually have a built-in dock.
Best Apple Watch Charging Docks in 2018
Today we will have a quick look at some of the most popular and best-selling docks for the Apple Watch. Some of them are cheap while others are on the more expensive side depending on their features. With all these things said, let’s just get straight to our list of the top 10 best Apple Watch charging docks in 2018.
- 10. Simpeak 4 Port USB Charger Station for Apple Watch
- 9. Bestand 2-in-1 Apple Watch Charging Stand Holder
- 8. Poweradd Apple Watch Charger Dock And Stand
- 7. Phonewatch Apple Watch Stand And Charging Dock
- 6. elago W2 Stand and Charging Dock
- 5. Mercase Apple Watch Charging Dock and Stand
- 4. Press Play Charging Station and Dock For the Apple Watch and iPhone
- 3. Ziku Apple Watch and iPhone Charging Dock and Stand
- 2. Tranesca Apple Watch Stand
- 1. Orzly Compact Stand for Apple Watch
10. Simpeak 4 Port USB Charger Station for Apple Watch
The Simpeak Apple Watch charger station looks a lot like a box. It has a practical design as the charger goes inside while the watch sits on top of the box to get charged. This makes it much easier to deal with cable management. It also has 3 USB ports that can be used to charge another 3 devices and it is very easy to setup. It is worth noting that the dock features a smart chip that can detect if the device plugged into the USB port supports fast charging.
- Very easy to setup
- 3 extra USB ports
- Better cable management
- Not designed for the 42mm Apple Watch but it still works
The stand itself was not made to work with the 42mm. It still does but it was mainly designed for the smaller model. Just to make things clear the manufacturers did not include an actual charger in the kit. It only comes with the stand itself. It is still not very expensive and very easy to setup. From the pictures it might not look like much but the design and built quality are pretty good.