For the full Blu Ray setup, you’ll want to use a high quality drive that can read, but also write Blu Ray discs. After all, if you’re someone who wants to save space and put his favorite movies and other content on a Blu Ray disc, you’ll find that using a Blu Ray drive to do that is very easy and fast.
So basically, by using a Blu Ray disc you can actually store up to 7 DVDs on it. Think about it for a second: if you have 70 DVDs of content, then you can store those on 7 Blu Ray discs. How great is that?
Best External BluRay Drives in 2018 Reviews
If this is the first time that you need to go out and buy a Blu Ray, then you may not be fully aware of the things you need to bear in mind prior to spending your hard earned money on one. Rest assured, since we got your back. In the following paragraphs we’ll tell you all about the top ten external Blu Ray drives you can currently get. Let’s see them!
- 10. LG BP50NB40
- 9. Firstcom USB 3.0 Blu Ray Combo Drive DVD Burner/Writer
- 8. Blu-Ray Player External USB DVD RW Laptop Burner Drive
- 7. MthsTec USB 3.0 External Blu-Ray Player and DVD Burner
- 6. LG Electronics Blu-ray DVD Writer (BE16NU50)
- 5. SEA TECH Aluminum
- 4. Pioneer Slim External Blu Ray Writer BDR-XD05B
- 3. ASUS BW-12D1S-U Lite
- 2. Samsung SE-506CB/RSBD
- 1. Pioneer BDR-XS06
- External BluRay Drives- Buyer’s Guide and Tips
10. LG BP50NB40
The LG BP50NB40 is a great portable Blu Ray writer that is excellent if you want to watch Blu Ray movies or write Blu Ray discs. One of the things you’ll love about this model is that it comes with a feature called Jamless Play. What this does is that it allows you to play content from scratched discs without any hiccups. Even more, this model also supports the BDXL format. What this means is that you can use it to write Blu Ray discs of up to one hundred GB. In terms of compatibility, it supports the popular operating systems and it works with just about any computer or laptop.
- Supports almost any operating system.
- Can burn DL discs at 6x speeds.
- Supports BDXL format.
- If you’d like to update the player, you need to have IE with ActiveX.
The BP50NB40 is an affordable Blu Ray rewriter that comes at a great price and can also write BDXL discs. On top of that, it’s very slim and looks cool as well!