Over the past few years, the market has been invaded by wireless security cameras. These simple systems come as a single camera that does not offer much functionality. Most of the times they can barely record any footage, and they do not offer all that much control. They do work when only one small area needs surveillance, but the better choice is to get a security system that actually includes multiple cameras and a dedicated footage recording unit.
The odd thing about surveillance systems is that they are not all that much more expensive than a regular wireless IP camera. They offer a better value for the money which is nothing more than a gain for the buyer. Also getting a system with multiple cameras can mean that there will be spare cameras if not all of them are used which can prove to be helpful when one of them breaks down. As for their reliability, they are usually quite sturdy, and in some cases, they are made to survive even when exposed to harsh weather conditions.
Best Security Camera Systems in 2019
For our list, we selected 10 different surveillance systems that are both affordable and reliable. They come from various manufacturers out of which some are actually really well known. Without delaying it too much let’s get right into our list of the top 10 best security camera systems in 2019 reviews.
Last update on 2019-09-18 / Affiliate links / Price / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
10. Zmodo 8 Channel 720p NVR System 8 HD IP Home Video Security Cameras
Zmodo offers a great surveillance system for a reasonable price tag. This kit comes with 8 cameras and a large recording unit that runs on a 1TB hard drive that should be more than enough to store surveillance footage for several days.
Each camera in the kit runs at a maximum resolution of 720p. They feature infrared vision that allows them to record in the dark and they can be controlled individually using the dedicated mobile app or via a web browser. The entire kit comes with a 3-year warranty as well as lifetime support.
9. TECBOX 8 Channel Security System With Real Time Recorder
The TECBOX 8 channel security system is surprisingly cheap for what it offers. It is a great little security system that includes 8 IP cameras and a recording unit.
The cameras can record in various resolutions up to 1080p. However, the higher the resolution, the less footage can be recorded. The recording unit comes with a built-in hard drive, and it is quite easy to setup. It allows the user to control the cameras using its built-in interface.
8. Best Vision 16-Channel D1 DVR Security System with 8 800TVL IR Outdoor Weatherproof Bullet Cameras
Best Vision is a relatively small brand that offers reliable products. Their 16 channel security system is a offers a great value for the money in the sense that similar systems are much more expensive.
The system comes with a recording unit that includes a 1TB hard drive. It can store footage from all 16 cameras for up to 6 days. Using a special engine, only important events will be recorded in order to save storage space. All cameras support full HD output resolutions, and they include a one year warranty.
7. Samsung SDH-C75100 16 Channel 1080p HD 2TB Security System with 10 Cameras
The only reason why the Samsung SDH-C751000 is not as popular as some of the other models are its price tag. Many see it as an expensive surveillance system, but its quality cannot be compared with most other models available on the market.
Inside the kit, the manufacturers included 10 individual cameras that are capable of recording in 1080p. The recording unit includes a 2TB hard drive and supports H.264 compression technology that enables it to save storage space.
6. Annke 8-Channel 1080P Lite Video Security System
The ones that do not need a lot of cameras will surely love to pickup the Annke camera surveillance system. It includes just four cameras, the unit and it comes with a very low price tag.
For the money, the buyer will get high quality 1080p capable digital cameras as well as a recorder. The cameras themselves are fit for outdoor and indoor use while the recorder will compress the video in H.264 encoding in order to save storage space. The unit does not include an HDD and will need to be purchased separately.
5. DEFEWAY 8 Channel 1080N Security Video Surveillance Camera System
DEEFEWAY might not be a brand with which many are familiar with, but their products are decent. Their 8 channel surveillance system is a great pick for the ones that are looking for an affordable option that is easy to setup and very convenient to use.
The system comes with 8 compact cameras with a 720p output and a quick setup model. They can be installed both indoors or outdoors, and all of them include the cable required to connect them to the recorder. The recorded itself comes without an HDD.
4. ZOSI 4CH Full D1 960H HD DVR Surveilance System
ZOSI 4 channel surveillance system is a great option for the ones that need something cheap and reliable. It is a simple surveillance system that comes as a kit which includes four cameras, a recorder, and all the required cables to set it up properly.
Each camera in the kit is capable of recording in 720p which can be stored on the recorded. The unit does not include a hard drive and will need to be purchased separately. Also, controlling the cameras is extremely easy using a browser or the dedicated software it comes with. It even comes with its own mobile app.
3. DEFEWAY DVR 1200TVL HD Home Security Video Surveillance Camera System
The DEFEWAY is the ideal system for someone that is looking for an inexpensive option. It is a simple kit that includes everything needed to have it up and ready in a matter of minutes.
The kit includes 4 different cameras and a recorder. The recorder itself does not include a hard drive, but it is compatible with all the standard HDDs. Each camera in the kit is capable of a maximum resolution output of 720p while control is provided using a dedicated app or a web browser.
2. ZOSI 8Channel Full 720P H.264 CCTV Video DVR 4 Outdoor Indoor Surveillance System
The ZOSI 8 channel CCTV surveillance system is a great pick for pretty much anyone regardless of their budget. It is inexpensive, and it includes plenty of useful accessories.
Similar to other models the kit includes 4 individual cameras. All of them can record in 720p and can be used both indoors and outdoors. The recording unit comes with several quick-access controls, but the most interesting part is the fact that the system comes with a physical remote. It includes all the cables required and a complimentary mouse.
1. Amcrest 960H Surveillance Security System
Amcrest is one of the biggest brands in the industry with many of their products turning into best-sellers. The 960H video surveillance system is a great and reliable product that includes everything needed to set it up with very little effort.
All the cameras in the kit can record in 720p while the recorded will ensure that the footage is properly stored. It has a built-in 500 GB HDD that can be upgraded and several controls placed on the recorded. The cameras are capable of recording during the night, and they can be controlled remotely using a mobile app or the web browser portal.
There are a lot of reliable surveillance systems for very affordable prices. The vast majority of them record in 720p and have infrared LEDs that enable them to record during the night. One of the main differences between them is the amount of storage they offer. This also influences their prices. A system that comes with a recorder that has a built-in hard drive while the cheaper ones do not have an HDD. In the end, it is a matter of setting a maximum budget and exploring all the surveillance systems within that price range.
Security Camera Systems – Buyer’s Guide
A security camera system ensures the safety and protection of homes, schools, hospitals, and businesses. It can also be used to record important details for legal purposes such as plate numbers, faces of suspicious individuals, and the actual occurrence of events when you need to file a lawsuit or similar concerns. This is why if you are in need of a good quality security camera system for your particular needs, this buyer’s guide can help you choose the right item to purchase.
At home, basic security cameras include nanny cams and baby monitors, as these serve as your eyes and ears when you are not around to physically check your baby. These units come with motion-detection and night vision features. Thus, the camera turns on only when it detects the presence of an individual in the room where the unit is situated.
The following are some features to consider when buying a security camera system:
- Type: Security cameras are available in varied types and designs. These include a bullet camera that is slimmer in profile, a dome camera mounted on the ceiling, wireless cameras integrated into your home automation systems, and a hidden camera with a design allowing you to conceal it from unsuspecting individuals.
- Image Resolution and Viewing Angle: Generally, a unit with an image resolution of 700 offers a sharper quality than one at 420. As for the viewing angle, go for lens with a wider coverage such as 92 degrees instead of the 70. This allows you to see more and with a clearer image.
- Color or Black and White: Do you prefer to buy a camera that generates color images or just black and white? If you opt for accuracy when it comes to the description of the object or person as you review the data recorded in the unit for your legal concerns, then color cameras would be better. But at the same time, black and white security cameras provide better images at low light situations with a much higher resolution, so this is also worth looking into.
- Recording Feature: You want to keep your data protected, so you can go back to them when deemed necessary. This is why the ability to record images is a must when buying a security camera. There are units that allow you to record files to a memory card while others have a DVR, yet with limited capacity for the drive. A newer option is one that enables you to save files in the cloud for larger storage options, but with a fee.
Also, do not forget to check the weather-proof feature of the camera. If you plan on getting an outdoor camera, the unit should be weather-resistant with an IP rating that is good enough to resist water and dust. An IP66 rating, for instance, means that the unit is tightly sealed to withstand strong splashes of water, as well as dust.