Nobody likes to listen to music at home using a pair of headphones. A pair of speakers is a must have, especially for a computer or audio system. It does not have to be something fancy. It only has to have a decent sound quality. There are many different types of audio systems and thousands of different models to choose from but today we will have a look at a particular type. We are talking about water speakers. Not many heard of this type of speakers since they are more of a niche product. They have an interesting design and, sadly there are not that many different models to choose from.
The concept behind water speakers is fairly simple but a bit more difficult to execute. It takes a bit technology to make them yet still, they are not that expensive. A water speaker uses water jets that jump at different pressure, creating the illusion of an audio oscilloscope. To make things more interesting, each water stream may have an LED light that makes the water have a particular color. Most speakers have at least 3 water jets but there are models that use a fountain design.
Best Water Speakers in 2018
For our list we selected 10 different water speakers that come from different pricing ranges and with acceptable sound quality. So far there are no major brands that make water speakers so we will have to settle for what we can get. Here are the top 10 best water speakers in 2018.
- 10. Sylvania SP349 Light & Water Display Bluetooth Tower Speaker
- 9. Sylvania SP118-BLACK Water Dancing Bluetooth Mini Tower Speaker
- 8. E-More Wireless Bluetooth Colorful LED Fountain Dancing Water Speakers
- 7. Svance Dancing Water Speaker Portable Wireless Bluetooth Speaker
- 6. SoundSOUL Dancing Water Speakers
- 5. Lightahead New ATake Third generation Colorful Diamond Water Dancing Speaker
- 4. Sharper Image SBT5002 Water and Light Show Bluetooth Streaming 2.1 Speakers
- 3. SoundSOUL Bluetooth Dancing Water Speakers LED Speakers
- 2. SoundSOUL Dancing Water Speakers LED Speakers
- 1. SoundSOUL Water Dancing Speakers
10. Sylvania SP349 Light & Water Display Bluetooth Tower Speaker
If a complete sound system is too much then the Sylvania SP349 is a good choice. It is a very stylish model that comes in the form of a single tower speaker. The water jets are placed at the top with additional LED lights on the body of the speaker. All the controls are placed right beneath the water jets while the speaker itself delivers a decent sound quality.
- Modern stylish design
- Built-in FM radio
- Bluetooth streaming support
- Not very powerful
Despite being a rather large speaker it is not very powerful. It is quite tall and it gives the impression that it can fill a room easily but that is not the case. Maybe it sounds louder if there is a second one to work as a pair. The water jets work very well and the LED lightning gives the speaker a very appealing look. The colors can be controlled and Bluetooth playback is seamless without interruptions.
9. Sylvania SP118-BLACK Water Dancing Bluetooth Mini Tower Speaker
The Sylvania SP118 water speaker uses the same design as their other models with a few changes here and there. It does not have any additional LED lights and it is not very tall. It is however just as loud as their taller SP349 model. The model offers Bluetooth audio streaming support and offers decent controls using the buttons right beneath the water jets.
- Modern stylish design
- Bluetooth streaming support
- Good sound quality
- Cannot be paired with a second speaker
Most systems that come as a single tower can be paired with a second identical speaker. That is not the case with the SP118. This is an important aspect and needs to be taken into account when looking at the model. Sound quality is quite good but the bass is not as loud as some would expect. It does not have an FM radio and the water is paired with the volume level of the speaker.
8. E-More Wireless Bluetooth Colorful LED Fountain Dancing Water Speakers
The E-More wireless water speakers have a lot going on but what stands out the most is the design. They are very stylish with the white body and tall transparent tube for the water jet. All the buttons are easy to rich and sound quality is decent. It is not a replacement for a regular sound system but it manages to perform well.
- Bluetooth audio streaming
- Modest price tag
- Great design
- Bass is rather weak
The speakers are not very large. In fact they are designed to be regular computer speakers and do not have a subwoofer which means rather weak bass. The sound fidelity is good and they can be quite loud for a regular room. Bluetooth playback is decent without interruptions and the water jets jump depending on the volume of the speakers.
7. Svance Dancing Water Speaker Portable Wireless Bluetooth Speaker
Svance poertable water speaker is one of the few wireless models in our list. It has a great design and good sound quality. With a built-in rechargeable battery and Bluetooth support, the speaker will prove to be a great companion for trips or small parties on the go. They deliver decent bass for their size and surprisingly they are not expensive at all.
- Attractive speaker design
- Decent internal battery
- Supports wireless and aux playback as well as playback directly off an SD card
- Bluetooth connection tends to get interrupted
The Bluetooth feature is important since this is advertised as a wireless speaker but it does not work all that great. It does offer the option to connect a playback device directly using a regular 3.5 mm jack cable. This is a bit disappointing but there are ways around it. For the price it is still a good pick. It is worth noting that the speaker volume needs to be quite high for the water to move.
6. SoundSOUL Dancing Water Speakers
SoundSOUL dancing water speakers is closer to a regular sound system mainly because it has a subwoofer. This helps deliver richer bass and a more complete sound. Music simply sounds better. All 3 speakers in the kit have dancing water. The price of the system is a bit steep. Many might be turned off since there are plenty of cheaper alternatives but of a lower sound quality.
- Great sound quality with rich mids, highs and bass
- Bluetooth 4.0 support
- Works with pretty much any device
- Price is a bit too high
The price is the biggest problem. It is far from affordable and for the money maybe a regular sound system would deliver better sound and higher volumes for the same price. The presentation of the speakers is fairly nice. They do not look or feel cheap and the Bluetooth support gives a bit of freedom as it is quite easy to stream music.
5. Lightahead New ATake Third generation Colorful Diamond Water Dancing Speaker
Lightahead New ATake water dancing speaker system is one of the cheapest models of this kind in our list. It is designed as a regular computer speaker system but with a dancing water feature. They are not very powerful but the sound quality is good. They retain a minimal amount of features which helped maintain a low price tag.
- Modern and compact design
- Good sound fidelity
- USB powered which eliminates the need of an external adapter
- No Bluetooth support
The vast majority of dancing water speakers have Bluetooth support. It seems as if this is a standard feature and it is missing from the Lighahead. They have a simple design that is meant to maintain them affordable and for what they were designed they work great. The sound is decent but bass is a bit lacking however for a small room they should be good enough even for music.
4. Sharper Image SBT5002 Water and Light Show Bluetooth Streaming 2.1 Speakers
Sharper Image SBT5002 is one of the more advanced systems in our list. It is a 2.1 speaker system with good bass and quite loud for a small room. Their sound quality offers a complete experience and they are not that expensive. The subwoofer does not have dancing water but the two satellite speakers do.
- Good sound fidelity
- Bluetooth 4.0 support
- Rich adjustable bass and clear mids and highs
- Water dances only if the volume levels are very high
The speakers do not have a water pump system that would push the water. It relies on vibrations from the speakers. This means that they need to be set at a very high volume in order to see the water move. Bluetooth playback works very well when paired with a smartphone or tablet which compensates for the issues with the water dancing.
3. SoundSOUL Bluetooth Dancing Water Speakers LED Speakers
SoundSOUL dancing water speakers come with all the features one would expect. They are inexpensive and have a rather decent design. Unlike other speakers they do not look as cheesy. Sound quality is good but not great. What is great about them is the low price tag and the fact that they come with Bluetooth 4.0 support.
- Audio over Bluetooth support
- Built-in rechargeable battery pack
- Not very loud
One of the main things people will complain about is the water volume. They are not very loud but the sound quality is decent. Their design makes them look quite cool especially when the lights are off. Last but not least, Bluetooth support enables them to play music wirelessly from a smartphone. The fact that they also have a built-in battery pack gives them portability and can play music for several hours without the need of a wall adapter.
2. SoundSOUL Dancing Water Speakers LED Speakers
SoundSOUL does not name their different dancing water speakers which makes it a bit difficult to search for a particular model. The model were are looking at has a similar design to their other speakers and offer the same sound quality. They were made to be portable but they are not wireless. They need to be powered over an USB port from a desktop of laptop.
- Great modern design
- Quite compact
- Clear high quality sound
- Weak bass and no Bluetooth support
For the price, it is difficult to find something better. This particular model does not have Bluetooth support and they are not battery powered. In simple words they are a regular pair of computer speakers but with dancing water. The water starts moving even at lower volumes, while the LED lights enhance the experience especially in a poorly illuminated room.
1. SoundSOUL Water Dancing Speakers
The SoundSOUL water dancing speakers are some of the most affordable that money can get. This does not mean that they are bad but they are great pick for the ones that want to check how these speakers or work or just need something simple for their computer. They do not have any fancy features which explain the low price tag.
- Decent sound quality
- Simple design, compact, great as computer speakers
- Very affordable
- No Bluetooth support
Despite not having Bluetooth support for wireless music playback they work with pretty much any device that has a 3.5 mm jack connection port. Bluetooth would have been an useful feature but it is worth noting that they are not battery powered. They have a power adapter included in the pack and all the required cables. The bass is not very impressive but they surely sound much better than the built-in speakers of a smartphone or laptop.
What Dancing Speakers To Go For?
There are a few different types of dancing speakers. The technology used is different and some are more spectacular than others. Sound quality should not be disregarded as dancing speakers should also sound good. Here are some things to take into account when looking for dancing water speakers.
- Value for money. There are a lot of models that are simply not worth getting. Prices can be inflated mainly because there are still not enough models available. The bigger more famous speaker manufacturers have not tapped into this niche market segment yet.
- Bass quality. The small computer speakers usually do not deliver decent bass. If this is a concern then maybe it is better to go for a dancing water sound system that has a subwoofer in order to deliver decent bass.
- Water jet type. Some models use special pumps to push the water. The cheaper models usually do not have any kind of mechanism for the water and rely of vibrations. This means that the volume needs to be rather high in order to see the water move.
- Expensive means better. In almost all cases of all the speakers reviewed, the more expensive the speakers were the better was the sound quality. The dancing water is also more animated.