Looking for a hedge trimmer and don’t know which one to chose? The truth is that choosing the right one will always depend on the kind of trimming job you want to use it for. There are 3 kinds of hedge trimmers you can currently buy, including pole, single sided, and double sided hedge trimmers. Let’s talk a bit about each of them, shall we?
The double sided type is the best kind you can get if your want to shape hedges and trim them to chest height. If you want, then you can also increase its flexibility by adding an adjustable rear handle. The single sided hedge trimmer is great for larger areas. This type has a longer blade and it’s also lightweight.
Best Hedge Trimmers in 2019
Lastly, the pole hedge trimmer is great if you need greater reach. You can actually use it to cut high hedges without having got worry about using a ladder. So with that said, below we’ll tell you more about the top ten best hedge trimmers you can currently buy to get the job done fast and professionally. Here they are:
Last update on 2019-07-22 / Affiliate links / Price / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
10. Black & Decker TR117
With a 3.2 amp motor, this bad boy will trim branches of up to 5/8”. One of the things you’ll love about it is the fact that it comes with a seventeen inch dual action blade that not only stays sharp longer, but at the same time it’s also rust resistant. Accidental startups are effectively prevented thanks to the lock off switch, while the cord retention is great for preventing accidental unplugging.
- Powerful three point two amp motor is great for trimming branches of up to five/eight inch.
- Dual action blade measure seventeen inches and produces forty percent less vibration.
- Accidental startup prevention thanks to the lock off switch.
- The plug design is not that great, so you may have trouble plugging this in some outlets.
For a simple, yet effective hedge trimmer, you simply cannot go wrong with the Black and Decker TR117. This tool is easy to use, lightweight, and does a great job thanks to its powerful motor.
9. Ryobi One+ Cordless Hedge Trimmer
With a wrap around handle, an eighteen inch dual action blade for less vibration and a great battery life, there are certainly very few things you can say you don’t like about this trimmer. In fact, since it’s cordless you no longer need to worry about having an outlet wherever you want to use it. Just make sure it’s fully charged and you can start trimming. One thing you need to know about the blade is that it’s a dual action blade, so it does a great job trimming hedges.
- Excellent cutting control thanks to the wrap around handle.
- Eighteen inch dual action blade produces significantly less vibration.
- Up to three/eight inch cutting capacity.
- This model isn’t suited for harder material.
If great control and power is what you’re looking for in a trimmer, then you may want to get the One+ hedge trimmer form Ryobi as soon as possible. It’s simple to use, it’s affordable, but also durable!
8. Black and Decker PP610
For hard to reach climbs, the Black and Decker PP610 is a great choice if you can to get the job done fast and with excellent results. With a powerful inline motor and auto oiling function, you can trim hedges much easier and faster than with similar trimmers on the market. The lightweight and durable design of this trimmer not only minimizes fatigue, but at the same time it’s a great option for those looking for powerful and lightweight performance. The motor is a six point five amp motor and coupled with the nine point five extended pole, hard to reach areas will no longer be a problem.
- Proper lubrication for the chain and the bar is done automatically.
- Improved cutting performance thanks to the low kick back chain and bar.
- Lightweight design.
- If the chain or any other parts break, you’ll have a hard time finding spares.
Those who need to trim hedges in hard to reach areas will absolutely love this trimmer. It’s powerful, a breeze to use and it also lubricates itself. How great is that?
7. Black and Decker HH2455
If you’re looking for improved precision, control and balance, then the HH2455 form Black and Decker sounds like the right hedge trimmer to get. This model comes with a twenty four inch dual action blade that offers an even trim and it’s also excellent for hard to reach areas. Speaking of performance, the shearing blades on this model can cut hedges of up to point seventy five inches thick while producing forty percent less vibration than trimmers in the same class. For more control and precision, you can rotate the rear handle up to one hundred and eighty degrees for ideal hand position when cutting either horizontally or vertically. Thanks to the lock off switch, you never have to worry about accidentally starting up the trimmer and injuring yourself or someone else.
- Twenty four inch hardened steel dual blades produce forty percent less vibration compared to single action blades.
- Rear handle can rotate one hundred and eighty degrees.
- Powerful motor and extended reach design.
- Some people have said that the motor on this model needs to be a bit more powerful.
Get the precision, control and balance you need to get the job done fast and professionally. The HH2455 will cut hedges of up to point seventy five inches thick while at the same time produce up to forty percent less vibration than similarly priced trimmers. Highly recommended!
6. Black and Decker LHT2436
Trimming your hedges is now easier than ever thanks to the LHT2436 from Black and Decker. This is a very powerful hedge trimmer that features dual action blades which produce forty percent less noise than single action blades. Even more, it comes with li-ion batteries which can hold a charge about five times longer compared to Ni-Cad batteries. The blade is twenty four inches, is very sharp, and can cut hedges comfortably and cleanly. The rust resistant, pre hardened blades will also hold their edge much longer. In terms of battery life, you can cut up to six thousand square feet of hedges per charge.
- One charge allows you to cut up to six thousand square feet of hedges per charge.
- Effectively cut branches of up to three/four inches thick thanks to the sharp shearing blades.
- Twenty four inch dual action blade produces less noise.
- Depending on how you use the trimmer, it may start acting up sooner than you think.
Trim your hedges easily and without wasting time in the process with the Black and Decker LHT2436. This is a powerful hedge trimmer that offers precise and clean trimming capabilities at a great price. On top of that, it’s also very simple to use.
5. DEWALT DCST920P1
Featuring a variable speed trigger, precise power control and great performance, the DEWALT DCST920P1 is the right hedge trimmer for the job no matter how challenging it may be. The gear drive design can effectively maintain cut speed and torque under load, while the point eighty line with bump feed can easily clear a full thirteen inch. With a well balanced design and weighing just eight point five pounds, you’ll be surprised of how much you can get done with this bad boy.
- Brushless motor maximizes durability and efficiency.
- Variable trigger with speed control.
- Thanks to the gear drive design the trimmer can effectively maintain cut speed and torque under load.
- If you don’t take good care of this trimmer, you may find that it can break easier than others.
If precision cutting is what you’re looking for, then you may want to consider getting the DCST920P1. This trimmer is very precise, weighs just several pounds and it’s also priced adequately for what it offers.
4. DEWALT DCHT820P1
With a laser cut and a powerful motor, the DEWALT DCHT820P1 is one of the best hedge trimmers you can currently get. One thing you’ll love about it is the fact that it can trim hedges very cleanly and fast thanks to its sharp hardened steel blades, while its excellent design which maximizes maneuverability helps you get the job done even faster. Thanks to its five Ah li-ion battery, you get all the power you need to get the job done efficiently and quickly.
- Lightweight and compact, you can use the trimmer to get the job done faster than with most other trimmers out there.
- Lightweight and compact design.
- Powerful high output motor.
- The battery life on this model could be even better.
Where effective and swift hedge trimming is required, you cannot go wrong with the DCHT820P1. Lightweight, easy to use and with sharp, powerful blades, the DCHT820P1 is the right trimmer to cut hedges accurately and easily.
3. EGO Power+ Cordless Hedge Trimmer
The Ego Power Plus features twenty four inch dual action blades (made of hardened steel), but also a lightweight design and weather resistant build quality which allows you to effectively use it even in bad weather. Since it has a powerful motor and sharp blades, the Power+’s three thousand strokes per minute allow for fast and clean cuts. In terms of cutting capacity, you can cut branches up to three/four inch thick. When it comes to the battery life, it lasts for about an hour, which should be enough for most people. For improved control and safety, the trimmer also comes with an electronic brake.
- For improved safety and control, the trimmer comes with an electronic brake.
- Weather resistant (IPX4) build quality.
- Powerful dual blade design made of hardened steel.
- The battery life on this trimmer is not that great.
If you’re looking for a trimmer that gets the job done fast and is also able to cut hedges precisely, then the Power+ from Ego is the model you’re looking for. It may not be cheap, but it’s well worth it.
2. Poulan Pro PP2822
Trimming your shrubs has never been easier and with the new Poulan Pro PP2822 you can get the job done fast and without having to worry about working yourself up. Featuring a powerful twenty eight cc engine, but also twenty two inch dual sided and serrated blades, the PP2822 can trim your hedges precisely and accurately. For a more secure and comfortable grip, the new swivel position handle allows you to easily change positions when needed.
- Powerful twenty eight cc engine gives you enough power to get the job done fast.
- Swivel position handle allows you to easily change positions when required.
- Serrated, dual sided blades.
- According to some of those that used this trimmer, they said that the build quality is not that great.
Get your hands on one of the best hedge trimmers out there. The Poulan Pro PP2822 is very rugged, can give you the precise cuts you’re looking for and at the same time it has great maneuverability. What more can you ask for?
1. Black and Decker LC3K220
People who are looking for the best hedge trimmer on the market may want to take a closer look at the Black and Decker LC3K220. This actually comes as a package that consists of the LSW20 trimmer, the LHT2220 hedge trimmer, 2 twenty-volt MAX li-ion batteries, and the LST220 edger and trimmer. As you can see, you’re getting the full package for a job well done. Thanks to the fact that the batteries on this model are li-ion, they can hold a charge up to five times longer than Ni-Cad batteries. For extended reach, the blades on this bad boy measure twenty two inches and are dual action as well. Backed by a two-year warranty for peace of mind.
- Full package allows you trim hedges better than ever.
- Great battery life thanks to the li-ion batteries that retain their charge up to five times longer than Ni-Cad batteries.
- Dual action blades.
- The trimmer is excellent, yet the price is quite high.
If you want to get the best trimmer on the market, then look no further. This Black and Decker LC3K220 is all you need to effectively complete all your hedge trimming jobs with better results than any other trimmer out there could give you. Highly recommended!
Getting a hedge trimmer can be confusing, especially if you don’t know what kind you need. Fortunately, you don’t need to worry about making the wrong choice. These reviews should contain all the info you need to get the right hedge trimmer for your needs. In fact, any of the trimmers on this list is a great choice, so make sure to get the one that you think best meets your needs!