You can now effectively cut the space between 2 distinct areas by using a top quality lawn edger that adds a manicured look to your garden. After all, when you have all the right tools to use, getting the job done fast and with excellent results is just a matter of time. If you plan on getting a lawn edger though, there are a few things you need to know beforehand.
First of all, you need to decide whether you want a gas powered, pole gas or pole electric model. Secondly, you need to check your budget and see how much you can afford spending on a lawn edger. Thirdly, consider how often you need to use the edger and this way you’ll find out how reliable and durable the edger you want to get should be.
Best Lawn Edgers in 2019
However, since researching these on your own can take quite a long time that most people don’t have, we’ve already created a top 10 list of the best lawn edgers you can currently get. Let’s check them out below:
10. Black and Decker EB-007
Made from high quality hardened steel, the Black and Decker EB-007 features serrated blades and a powerful motor that allows for very aggressive and precise cuts. Not only that, but thanks to the fact that this model also comes with wear indicators, you can easily tell when it’s time to replace the blade. Overall, the EB-007 is very easy to use, has great cutting capabilities and comes with a two year warranty for peace of mind. Comes with a seven and a half inch edge hog heavy duty edger replacement blade as well.
- Come with two years warranty.
- Easily identify when the blades need to be replaced thanks to the wear indicators.
- Serrated blades made of hardened steel for maximum durability.
- A few of those that used this lawn edger said that the steel is too soft and gets dull quickly.
Get your hands on an affordable, but also durable and reliable lawn edger that will help you get the job done easier than you think. Since it’s well made and also available for a great price, you cannot go wrong with it.
9. Yard Butler G-EDGE Green Line Edger
Featuring a unique design that uses less resources and materials than other models on the market today, the G-EDGE edger is not only more comfortable to use, but also very powerful. You can easily create clean and deep edges along lawns, gardens, but also driveways and sidewalks thanks to its sharp and efficient cutting capabilities. In fact, it’s perfect for grooming around shrubs and trees or if you want to install plastic edging. The most striking thing about this edger is that unlike others, it comes with lifetime warranty.
- Excellent if you want to groom around shrubs and trees or if you want to install plastic edging.
- Easy edging thanks to the fact that its design centers the weight over the cutting blade.
- Comes with a lifetime warranty.
- The blades aren’t that sharp, so you may need to sharp them before you use the edger.
With the G-EDGE you can say goodbye to uneven edging since it can easily groom around shrubs and trees. Given the fact it’s guaranteed for life says a lot about how great of a product this actually is. Highly recommended!
8. GreenWorks 21212 4Amp
This corded string trimmer has a thirteen inch cutting path, a point zero eighty give inch automatic dual line feed, but also a one hundred and eighty degrees rotating handle that’s great for edging along driveways and sidewalks. Effectively accommodates each user’s height thanks to its adjustable telescoping height. Since it’s just two point three kilograms in weight (or five point two lbs), using it for prolonged periods of time without getting tired is very much possible.
- Lightweight design at only five point two lbs or two point three kilograms.
- Thanks to the electric start, you can start the edger in just seconds.
- Features a point zero sixty five dual line auto feed, but also an auxiliary handle (adjustable).
- If you’re looking for replacement parts, you’ll have the unpleasant surprise of finding out that they have been discontinued by the manufacturer.
If your budget is low, but you still need to get your hands on a good quality trimmer, then you may want to consider the GreenWorks 21212 four amp edger. It’s packed with features, lightweight, and it’s also very easy to use.
7. Black & Decker ST7700
Lightweight (just 4.5 lbs), powerful and featuring and automatic feed string, the ST7700 from Black and Decker is a great edger that’s perfect for trimming heavy overgrowth, grasses, and weeds. One thing you’ll love about this model is that it comes with a special head that is able to rotate one hundred and eighty degrees for more control and precise cutting. The AFS system advances the cutting string automatically and without bumping, while the thirteen inch cutting path seems to be great for most people. The ST7700 also features a cord retention system which greatly improves safety by preventing accident cord disconnection. When it comes to the motor, it’s capable of 10K RPMs, it’s four point four amps and packs enough power to help you get the job done fast and easy.
- Lightweight at only four point five lbs.
- Powerful motor is capable of 10K RPMs.
- Cord retention system greatly improves safety by preventing accident cord disconnection.
- The automatic feeder seems to be a bit problematic and it won’t always work as intended.
Edge your lawn properly by using a top quality trimmer that’s comfortable to use, precise, and doesn’t cost as much as an arm and a leg. The ST700 from Black and Decker is everything you’re looking for in an edger and more!
6. Poulan PP1000E
Featuring a solid seven inch blade made of hardened steel, the Poulan PP1000E is an excellent edger that is able to provide you the clean cuts you’re looking for. Even more, you can use it with the majority of attachment capable gas trimmers and given the fact that it features a heavy duty magnesium gearbox, it’s safe to assume that it can effectively hold up to heavy use. In terms of warranty, the PP1000E is backed up by a two year warranty.
- Heavy duty magnesium gear box holds up to heavy use.
- Comes with a barrier handlebar.
- Comes with a two year warranty.
- Changing the blade is a bit difficult.
The PP1000E is all about being able to edge your lawn easy and fast. Since it’s well made and a breeze to use, you’ll have a hard time finding something that’s not to like about this edger.
5. TrimmerPlus LE720
The LE720 from TrimmerPlus is a great edger that you can effectively use to edge your flower beds, your walkways and your drive without too much effort. Featuring a seven point five inch steel edger blade, this bad boy has a blade depth of two point five inches which allows for deep and effective edging. You can easily lower or raise the edger’s height thanks to the adjustment knob, while the dual tips on the edge blade allow for efficient and quick cutting capabilities. When it comes to the wheel, it’s large enough to provide stability without negatively impacting maneuverability.
- Adjustable blade can reach depths of up to two point five inches.
- Can be connected to attachment capable trimmers, including Craftsman, Remington, and Troy Bilt.
- Comes with a two year warranty.
- If you get a lemon, you may have the unpleasant experience of seeing it burn up soon after you start using it.
Trim your walkway or driveway easily with the LE720 from TrimmerPlus. Powerful, adjustable, and affordable, this is one of the best edge trimmers you can get for the price. Highly recommended!
4. GreenWorks 27032
Move away from gas powered trimmers with the GreenWorks 27032 electric edger. This edger features a powerful twelve amp motor which delivers powerful edging capabilities, while the seven point five inch double edged blade is both rugged and able to keep an edge for a very long time. You can easily change blade depth thanks to the spring assist front wheel, while the adjustable auxiliary handle effectively improves control and comfort. For safety and security, the 27032’s integrated cord lock effectively prevents accidental disconnection.
- Powerful twelve amp motor delivers excellent edging capabilities.
- Integrated cord lock effectively prevents accident disconnection.
- Seven point five inch double edged blade provides longer wear and robust edging capabilities.
- If you ever need to get in touch with the customer service team, you’ll be very disappointed with them.
For fast, effective, and great edging results, the GreenWorks 27032 is the right edger for the job. It’s electric, lightweight, and packed with useful features that help you complete the job very fast. Highly recommended!
3. Black and Decker LE 750 Edge
Featuring a high torque eleven amp motor that can effectively tackle through overgrowth, the LE750 Edge from Black and Decker is the right choice for those who want to create a clean looking trench and more. Convert the LE750 Edge from an edger to landscape trencher in just a few seconds thanks to the pull-up edge design. Better yet, since you can assemble it without using any type of tools, the LE750 Edge is the right choice for hassle free and quick operation. To improve safety and security, the edger comes with a built-in cord retention system. Lastly, for the most precise and overall best possible cuts, the LE750 Edge features a 3 position blade adjustment.
- One hundred and fifty in-lbs of torque.
- Left or right hand assist handle provide leverage and flexibility.
- The edger comes with a built-in cord retention system to improve safety and security.
- The LE750 is a great edger, but some people have complained that it’s not that durable.
Trim your front yard or driveway easier than ever with the LE750. With its high torque, powerful motor, and sharp blades, you’ll be surprised how much faster you can get the job done compared to using similar priced edgers.
2. Weed Eater FB25 25cc
When it comes to hard surface applications, including patios, sidewalks, and driveways, the Weed Eater FB25 is the right edger for the job. Featuring a powerful twenty five cc two-cycle engine, but also a variable speed throttle, this bad boy can generate enough air to speed up to one hundred and seventy mile an hour. As you can imagine, this results in even and perfect cutting. In terms of weight, the FB25 is one of the lightest edgers you can currently find. Given the fact that it comes with a reduced vibration handle, you’ll find that using it is very comfortable and non fatiguing.
- Lightweight at just eight point one lbs.
- Comes with a reduced vibration handle for comfortable and non fatiguing use.
- Powerful twenty five cc two cycle engine.
- This edger doesn’t do as great of a job as other edgers in its price range.
Don’t waste your time with cheap edgers that make a lot of promises, but never deliver. The Fb25 is a very powerful, lightweight, and easy to use edger that offers precise and excellent cutting capabilities to get the job done quickly and with professional results.
1. WORX GT WG151 18-Volt Cordless Electric Lithium-Ion String Trimmer/Edger
The award winning, powerful, and lightweight GT WG151 cordless trimmer is the right choice for anyone who’s tired of using cheaply made edgers. One of the things you’ll love about it is that it comes with an adjustable spacer guard that protects garden furniture, flowers, and plants from damage, while the adjustable ninety degree cutting head and tilting shaft allows for simpler trimming on sloped surfaces. The li-ion battery life is three times longer compared to those of typical cordless weed trimmers, meaning that you don’t need to worry about recharging it too often. For maximum control and comfort, the handles can be adjusted to your desired angle/height.
- Lightweight design, weighing just five point three lbs.
- Titling shaft and cutting head can be adjusted to ninety degrees.
- Comes with two year warranty.
- Battery life is said to be great, but some people have actually said otherwise.
If you’re the kind of buyer who is looking for the best trimmer on the market, then this is it. Lightweight, packed with features, and also durable, you’ll get many years of use out of the WORX GT WG151. Highly recommended!
As you can see, getting the right lawn edger is a lot easier when you can read the reviews for the top ten best edgers on the market. Now that you’re fully aware of which brands and makes to focus on, it’s only a matter of time until you decide on the one to get. Happy shopping!