Having a neat and tidy yard can add value and beauty to your property. This is why once the fall season comes, it helps to have the right tools ready that will make it easier and faster for you to get things back to how you want them to be. A leaf blower and vacuum can get the job done in a matter of minutes, and you don’t even have to deal with a painful back at the end of each yard-cleaning sessions. In these top 10 best leaf vacuums in 2017 reviews, we feature some of the highly-rated products on the market that you will find indispensable in ensuring the lovely appearance of your yard all year round.
So, what are the benefits of buying a leaf vacuum? There are so many things that you can use this piece of equipment for such as removing small branches and twigs scattered all over the yard, cleaning up the garage, clearing the drain that might be blocked by leaves, and basically just making sure you get the debris out of your garden. Considering all of these benefits, it makes perfect sense to buy the finest leaf vacuum that will match your needs and requirements. Check the features, specs, and capabilities of the unit to make sure you get exactly what you are looking for as a cleaning tool for your yard.
Best Leaf Vacuums/Blowers 2017
Below are among our recommended products for the top 10 best leaf vacuums in 2017 reviews. Learn more about each item including the features and limitations, so you can decide for yourself which one to purchase for your need.
- 10.GreenWorks 185MPH Cordless Variable Speed Blower and Vac 24322 G-MAX
- 9.WORX 12 Amp Electric Blower, Vac, and Mulcher WG518
- 8.WORX Trivac 12 Amp 210 MPH Blower, 350 CFM Vacuum, and Mulcher WG505
- 7.Black & Decker 12 Amp Leaf Blower and Vacuum BV3600
- 6.Toro Ultra Plus Variable Speed Leaf Blower, Mulcher, and vacuum 51621
- 5.BLACK+DECKER High Performance Leaf Mulcher, Blower, and Vacuum BV5600
- 4.DEWALT 20-Volt Brushless Blower Baretool DCBL720B
- 3.WORX TURBINE Cordless Blower 56V with Brushless Motor WG591
- 2.GreenWorks G-Max 150 MPH 40 V Variable Speed Cordless Leaf Blower 24282
- 1.GreenWorks Pro 500CFM Cordless Leaf Blower GBL80300
- Leaf Vacuums/Blower – Buying Guide
- Bottom Line
10.GreenWorks 185MPH Cordless Variable Speed Blower and Vac 24322 G-MAX
What makes this unit excellent to use is the fact that it is eco-friendly since there are no nasty fumes or smoke emitted while you operate this tool whenever you clean up your yard. With the brushless motor, this prolongs the lifespan of the unit by up to 80 percent more, as compared with other motor designs. There is also as much as 30 percent more torque without producing more noise and vibration as you run the machine. This leaf vacuum comes with a variable speed dial that enables you to regulate the wind speed for an enhanced directional control. Overall, it is a lightweight, easy to use, and efficient tool to make the whole experience effortless and convenient for you.
On the other hand, some improvements may be done with the charger. It tends to waste power when it is not charging. You will also have to read the label located around the plug to determine what the blinking status and LED color mean, which can be a bit of a hassle to deal with, according to some users.
- The brushless motor improves the lifespan and performance of the unit.
- You can regulate the desired wind spin using the variable speed dial.
- The unit is easy to use and lightweight.
- The charger is not very efficient.
- The label including the details explaining the LED color, as well as the blinking status is not conveniently located.
9.WORX 12 Amp Electric Blower, Vac, and Mulcher WG518
By purchasing this unit, you can get three in one item, as it can be used as a mulcher, blower, and vacuum. The blower offers a maximum speed of 250 MPH while the vacuum can offer as much as 400 cfm. Mulching is also efficient, thanks to the 16:1 ratio that this tool offers. Simply attach the tube and the bag, and you are ready to go with this tool. As it is powered by electricity, you don’t have to worry about smelly fumes or pouring gas in to get it started. There are also dual-speed controls that you can adjust easily according to your desired amount of speed and force.
However, you cannot expect this unit to be as powerful and robust as a vac that is gas-operated. But the good thing about this unit is its complete set of functions, along with an option to get the different attachments for cleaning your gutter, patio, deck, and so much more. For the purpose it is designed to offer, you can say that it is good for the price. Just a little warning – some people complain about the extra heft of this tool.
- You can get three tools in one because this can function as a mulcher, vacuum, and blower.
- Dual-speed controls allow you to customize the speed setting you prefer.
- Efficient to use – just attach the bag and tube, then plug, and turn the power on.
- The motor is not as powerful as what a gas-powered vacuum can offer.
- A little on the heavy side.
8.WORX Trivac 12 Amp 210 MPH Blower, 350 CFM Vacuum, and Mulcher WG505
Go from one function to another with just a quick flip of the switch using this highly efficient and dependable yard tool. Blowing the debris away is a breeze since you no longer have to fumble and mess around tubes in between tasks. You can blow the leaves away at a maximum speed of 210 MPH then vacuum them up at 14 gallons in a minute. This unit comes with an ergonomic design for the handle and an angled nose for ease of operation. Plus, there is an all-metal heavy duty impeller blade included that makes mulching quick and efficient.
Just be prepared to deal with a high level of noise when using this tool, although you can always put on your earplugs while working. It is also not the fastest when vacuuming leaves up, but it gets the job done without a doubt.
- A multi-function tool that can mulch, vacuum, and blow away the leaves.
- The angled nose and a well-designed handle add to the ease of operating the unit.
- Mulching is efficient as there is an all-metal impeller blade to ensure a 16:1 mulch ratio.
- Produces very loud noise, which means you should keep the earplugs on while working.
- Not very powerful vacuum, so it takes longer for the unit to suck the debris up.
7.Black & Decker 12 Amp Leaf Blower and Vacuum BV3600
With a 12 amp motor, this machine can do so much more than just vacuum the mess in your yard. In fact, it can also serve as a mulcher and blower, which makes it convenient enough to tidy up the yard anytime. The blower generates a maximum power of 230 MPH, so you can use it not just for your yard, but also for the sidewalk, garage, deck, and driveway. The mulcher features an anti-clog vortex technology for the impeller, and this eliminates clogging issues while making sure your debris is reduced to 10 bags full of mulch. Lastly, there is a cord retainer built into the unit to prevent the extension cord from getting in the way while keeping the cord plugged in while being used.
Everything about this unit works well. But if there is one thing that can be improved on, it would be the strap design. It is a little narrow without any cushioning, so it can get a little uncomfortable on your shoulder. Also, the cloth bag tends to release fine dust while being used, which means it can help to put a plastic bag over this component.
- Powerful 12 amp motor gets things done whether you need to blow the leaves away, mulch, or vacuum.
- The maximum speed the blower can generate is at 230 MPH.
- The anti-clog vortex reduces chances of clogging as you mulch.
- The shoulder strap would be better with some cushioning.
- There is fine dust released from the cloth bag.
6.Toro Ultra Plus Variable Speed Leaf Blower, Mulcher, and vacuum 51621
A high-powered blower, vacuum, and mulcher from Toro, this unit is all you need to tidy up the yard in a snap. The metal impeller comes with a Shredz-All patented shred ring, which can minimize as much as 97 percent of the mulched debris to as small as 1/2 inch. With an oscillating nozzle included, this makes it easy and efficient to blow the leaves away as air is swept back and forth in a practical manner. Among the items included in the package are the power insert for your heavy and wet leaves, main blower tube for the dry leaves, cord storage hook, a concentrator to be used in crevices and corners, and a bottom-zip storage or vacuum bag.
If there is one thing you may not like very much about this unit, it would be a storage for the extension cord. Whenever you drag the unit around the yard, the cord tends to disconnect, so it would nice if there is a means of securing the cord to the leaf blower.
- Comes with a concentrator that makes it easy to clean crevices and cracks.
- The oscillating nozzle speeds up the leaf blowing function of the unit.
- Mulching more efficient because of the Shredz-All design of the metal blade.
- It can get frustrating dealing with the power cord disconnecting every now and then.
5.BLACK+DECKER High Performance Leaf Mulcher, Blower, and Vacuum BV5600
As the name implies, this is truly a high-performance unit for mulching, blowing leaves, and vacuuming up the debris in your yard. The blower has a powerful maximum speed of 250 MPH that makes it quick and simple to blow through the debris and leaves. Even with that much power, you can expect this unit to be up to 50 percent quieter than other leaf vacuums. Choose between 2 speeds with ease for your matted leaves and flower beds, then clean up faster as the leaves are loosened more efficiently through the pivoting action of the leaf blaster. With a cord retainer in the unit, your extension is kept plugged in and out of the way while in use.
There are times when some leaves get stuck inside the suction tube, which can be frustrating for some users. But more often, this unit performs quite efficiently and gets the job done faster without massive noise.
- Can mulch wet or dry leaves efficiently.
- Two adjustments for the speed level.
- The unit is 50 percent quieter, yet powerful at the same time.
- Occasional clogging in the suction tube when you vacuum some leaves and debris up.
4.DEWALT 20-Volt Brushless Blower Baretool DCBL720B
This unit makes use of advanced design for the axial fan, which makes it possible to generate massive air output and optimal run time. There are a speed lock and a variable speed control so that you can achieve excellent control of the leaf blower with up to 400 CFM of total air volume with an air speed of 90 MPH. As it is lightweight and easy to handle, you should find it convenient to use anytime. All you need is to pull the trigger, and you can achieve maximum power you want from this tool – no power on or turbo buttons included.
However, this is only a baretool, which means you will have to purchase the battery separately. It is also just a leaf blower, without any other functions or features included.
- Excellent speed and total air volume that goes up to 400 CFM.
- Simply pull its trigger, and this unit is ready to go.
- Speed lock included, as well as the variable speed trigger.
- The battery is not included in the package.
- No additional functions included as it is only a baretool item.
3.WORX TURBINE Cordless Blower 56V with Brushless Motor WG591
If what you look for is greater functionality and performance in a yard cleaning tool, then you can get just what you need from this unit. It is a cordless leaf blower with a lightweight design, equipped with a brushless motor for a longer life span and outstanding performance. The handle has an ergonomic design for ease of use, and there is no annoying cord to deal with while you operate the unit. The Turbine Technology in the motor offers as much as 465 CFM of total air velocity for a more efficient yard cleaning experience.
However, it can get a little frustrating whenever the seam located to the front part of the battery gets in the way of the horizontal ridge component. Thus, a jiggling concern may occur, which may release the battery completely. This is just one concern that a customer pointed out, although this issue did not happen to other users.
- Lightweight and convenient to use.
- The unit can produce up to 465 CFM air velocity, thanks to the Turbine technology.
- A cordless unit that eliminates the fuss linked with a corded leaf blower.
- An issue with the battery occurred to one user, which could be an isolated incident.
2.GreenWorks G-Max 150 MPH 40 V Variable Speed Cordless Leaf Blower 24282
An outstanding leaf blower, you can count on this unit to blow out the debris efficiently while activating the speed you prefer. This is a cordless unit, and you can expect it to run for a total of 30 minutes on full speed. With a variable speed, you can reduce the speed level when blowing out your vehicle’s interior or switch to 150 MPH max for your leaves or debris in the yard. Lightweight and durable, this unit is one that you can count on for a quick and effortless yard cleaning experience.
Overall, this unit performs well. But the price is just a little steep, considering there is no battery included. Also, be sure to use it only with the compatible battery to avoid issues, specifically the 29472 and 29462 battery models.
- Can run for a maximum of 30 minutes when set on a full speed.
- Has a switch that lets you adjust the speed level.
- A cordless blower that is lightweight, sturdy, and robust for excellent performance.
- A bit pricey for just a blower without battery included.
- Compatible with just 2 models of the battery.
1.GreenWorks Pro 500CFM Cordless Leaf Blower GBL80300
This is just what you need when you want a cordless and powerful leaf blower for your yard maintenance tasks. It comes with a brushless motor for higher torque and less noise, and the cordless design makes it easy to use without messing around with a cord. There is no toxic fumes or smoke to deal with, and it can provide a maximum of 500 CFM of total air velocity for greater efficiency.
Some people were not impressed with its weight since it appears to be a heavy and somewhat lacking balance. But for the job it is designed for, you can be sure this unit works as it should.
- Comes with a battery and a charger.
- The brushless motor minimizes the noise level while prolonging the life span of the machine.
- Cordless and robust unit with 500 CFM max of air velocity.
- A tad heavy to carry around the yard.
Leaf Vacuums/Blower – Buying Guide
An electric leaf vacuum is a low-maintenance and efficient unit that prevents you from having to deal with too much noise and excess weight gas-powered machines offer. Whenever you need to clean up your yard, you can count on this unit for such task. In fact, there are those that do not simply function as a vacuum, but they can also perform other tasks such as blowing the leaves out and mulching the debris. Thus, this is an ever-reliable tool that lets you cut the amount of time spent cleaning the yard in half or even more since you no longer have to do various tasks manually.
If you are on the market for a new or a replacement leaf vacuum, the following features are worth looking into to help you find the perfect item for your needs.
- Weight Specifications: Since the reason why you want to use a leaf vacuum is to experience ease and convenience in tidying up the yard, then you might as well choose a unit with a lightweight design. There are various weights available for leaf vacs and blowers, so you should check your options carefully. A cordless handheld unit is usually ideal for those who have a small yard since it can generate just the right amount of power needed for less space. But if you have a more spacious garden, you will need a walk-behind or a backpack leaf blower. Just keep in mind that this unit is heavier, yet comes with a powerful motor for such a big area to tidy up.
- Noise Level: As compared with a gas-powered vacuum, you can expect a reduced amount of noise from a handheld electric unit. This means that you no longer have to cause any disturbance to your household members and neighbors each time your clean up your yard.
- Components Included: Some leaf vacuums come with attachments that allow you to clean through cracks, crevices, and even gutters. You may purchase these separately while other brands include these items in the package. Also, if you are buying a cordless unit, you may want to get one that includes a battery and a charger. When it comes to the battery, you may find a unit with a 20-volt battery, while others have larger ones at 40- to 56 volts. The voltage, of course, impacts the performance of the unit. Also, check the total run time you can expect from the battery. With a higher capacity or bigger amp, this should last for several hours. But for a smaller yard, a capacity of 1.5 to as much as 2 hours run time should suffice.
- Air Speed: The air speed depends on the size of the unit and its motor. If you want something more powerful for your spacious yard, about 230 MPH should suffice. But you should be fine with a 160 MPH blow speed to use for your smaller garden.
Make it a point to consider the size of your yard and features you want when you look for a leaf vacuum. If you want a very efficient tool, go for a unit that can perform multiple functions, choose a product with various capabilities including leaf blowing and mulching. While it may come with a higher price tag, you will find it quite practical since there is no need to buy separate tools for multiple tasks you have in mind.