Nobody likes mosquitoes. It doesn’t matter where you live, the presence of mosquitoes is always irritating. It can keep you inside on a beautiful summer night. Itchy bites can make it impossible to sleep. Having electric mosquito traps at home make you worry-free.
Finding a way to keep mosquitoes away is a must for anybody who wants to enjoy being outdoors in the warm weather. One of the best ways to ensure that mosquitoes don’t bother you is to invest in an electric mosquito trap.
Best Electric Mosquito Traps in 2020
More efficient than insect repellent or citronella candles, these traps get the job done. Here are our picks for the top 10 best electric mosquito traps in 2020.
Last update on 2020-10-01 / Affiliate links / Price / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
10. Dynatrap DT1050 Outdoor Insect Trap
We start our list with the Dynatrap DT1050 Outdoor Insect Trap. This is a nice-looking trap that mimics the look of a lantern. Here’s why we like it:
- The unique Twist-on, twist-off mechanism ensures that insects won’t escape once they’re trapped
- It comes with a hanging chain so you can mount it on a porch or in a tree using the included, 1-foot cord
- Also included being a UV light and cleaning brush so you can get rid of dead insects quickly
- It protects a full half-acre of land, meaning that it can keep bugs away in your whole yard
This trap is effective and attractive, and it ensures you can enjoy your summer nights without mosquito bites.Check price on Amazon
9. Catchmaster 908 GLOstik Flying Insect Trap
Do you want a very affordable but easy way to rid your yard of mosquitoes? If so, the Catchmaster 908 GLOstik Flying Insect Trap is the best choice. This unit uses LED lights to attract and trap mosquitoes, and it costs less than ten dollars. Here’s what we like about it:
- LED lightbulbs to have a 10,000-hour life, making this trap a real bargain
- Includes two disposable glue tubes and a reusable base
- Refills for the glue tubes are available
- Insects are drawn to both the lights and the reflective cap
- No dangerous insect repellent is needed
This is a very low-cost and efficient option that fits into any budget.Check price on Amazon
8. P3 International P7880 LED Electronic Bug Trap
The P3 International P7880 LED Electronic Bug Trap makes our list for its brutal efficiency and modern appearance. This trap is quiet, unobtrusive, and totally lethal to mosquitoes and other bothersome insects such as gnats and moths. Here’s why we chose it:
- It attracts insects with a glowing UV light and then pulls them into the trap with a fan
- It comes with an easy-to-remove disposal net so you can get rid of the bugs you catch
- The fan is quiet and unobtrusive – it won’t interfere with music or conversation
- It uses no harmful pesticides, so it’s safe to use on human and pets
It weighs only a little over a pound, so you can easily take it with you on camping trips as long as you have a 110-volt outlet to use it with.Check price on Amazon
7. PestZilla™ Robust UV Electronic Bug Zapper – Large-area Protection – For Indoor Use
Unfortunately, mosquitoes and other pests don’t always stay outdoors. During the summer when windows and doors are open, they can get into the house too. The PestZilla Robust UV Electronic Bug Zapper can help rid your home of bothersome pests. Here’s why it made our list:
- Attracts mosquitoes, flies, and other pests with LED lights
- Hangs from the ceiling or mounts on a shelf
- Zaps bugs as soon as they come into contact with the device
- Dead bugs are dropped into a tray that traps them for easy disposal
- No chemicals mean it’s safe for use even if you have kids or pets
This is a low-cost option that can help keep mosquitoes from biting you while you’re indoors.Check price on Amazon
6. New & Improved Solar Powered Zapper- Enhanced Outdoor Flying Insect Killer
The one downside of using an electric mosquito trap is the drain it puts on your utility bill. This Solar Powered Zapper solves the problem by using the power of the sun to recharge during the day. In addition to its money-saving power, here’s why we picked it:
- Beautiful lantern-style trap doubles as a garden lamp to light the summer nights
- Choose between staking the lamp into the ground or hanging it on your patio or a tree
- Uses environmentally safe, LED lights to catch and zap insects
- Good for killing mosquitoes, flies, gnats, moths, and other pests
- Solar charging means you can put this cordless trap anywhere you choose
If you want a trap that enhances your landscaping instead of detracting from it, this is an excellent choice.Check price on Amazon
5. YIER Solar-Powered Outdoor Insect Killer / Bug Zapper / Mosquito Killer
There’s more than one option when it comes to solar-powered mosquito traps, and we couldn’t leave the YIER Solar-Powered Outdoor Insect Killer off of our list. Here’s what sets this mosquito zapper apart from the others:
- Rechargeable solar battery requires no cords and never appears on your electric bill
- Lantern turns on automatically at dusk and turns off in the morning
- Two-mode lights feature a white light for garden lighting and purple light to kill bugs
- The wireless lantern can be staked into the ground or hung using the included hardware
- Heat resistant and water-resistant
We really like the fact that these lights turn on automatically when it gets dark outside. Even if your kids are playing in the yard when the sun goes down, they’ll be protected.Check price on Amazon
4. Flowtron BK-15D Electronic Insect Killer, 1/2 Acre Coverage
Some electric mosquito traps are more powerful than others, and the Flowtron BK-15D Electronic Insect Killer is an incredibly effective way to keep troublesome bugs away from you when you’re outside. This zapper is powerful enough to keep a full half-acre free of mosquitoes, attracting them and killing them with ruthless efficiency.
- The 15-watt light bulb attracts bug into a killing grid that slays them instantly
- Requires no chemicals or harmful pesticides
- Non-clogging grid prevents insects from getting trapped or igniting
- Replaceable cartridges ensure non-stop functionality
The one downside of this mosquito trap is that you can’t mount it on your house and it’s not recommended to put it within 25 feet of where you’ll be. The first reason is that it attracts insects so efficiently that they’ll all be near you. The second is that its powerful zap can send insect body parts flying. Still, if you’re looking for something that can handle a high volume of bugs, this trap is for you.Check price on Amazon
3. Jepop Electronic Insect Killer Mosquito Bug Zapper LED Solar Powered Outdoor
If you want a very affordable and lightweight solar option that you can move around easily, then the Jepop Electronic Insect Killer Mosquito Bug Zapper is the solution you need. These small, highly portable lamps are easy to rearrange suit your needs, and solar power means you can take them camping or anywhere else you need to go.
- Compact design with built-in stakes for easy installation
- Automatic solar charging ensures you’re never without protection
- Chemical-free and environmentally friendly
- Low price means you can afford to get as many as you need
We like these lamps because they can work when you’re at home and when you’re out camping.Check price on Amazon
2. MuchBuy Pest Control Products LED Electric Socket Mosquito Bug Insect Mosquito Traps
If you want an easy-to-use indoor bug zapper that takes up almost no space, then we recommend the MuchBuy Pest Control Products LED Electric Socket Mosquito Trap Night Lamp to keep your home free of pests. Here’s why we like it:
- Compact zapper plugs into any socket
- Blue LED light attracts bugs and then kills them
- Protects 15 square meters of living space
- Low power use makes it an affordable choice
These traps are a low-cost way to keep your family from being bothered by mosquitoes that get inside.Check price on Amazon
1. EasyGoProducts 40W Electronic Indoor Bug Zapper Flying Insect Mosquito Killer
Our final electric mosquito trap is an excellent choice for indoor bug protection with easy disposal. It’s the EasyGoProducts 40W Electronic Indoor Bug Zapper, and here’s why we included it on our list:
- Uses two 20-watt bulbs with a LED light for extra attraction
- Sleek modern appearance keeps it from being intrusive
- Efficiently attracts and kills bugs, trapping them out of sight
- Basin is removable and easy to clean
If you want a safe trap to use indoors, then this is the right choice for your bug-killing needs.Check price on Amazon
Mosquitoes are a nuisance, but these ten electric mosquito traps are the best available. They can help keep your home and yard free of annoying pests – and without using harmful pesticides that might be dangerous to your family and pets.
Electric Mosquito Traps – Buyer’s Guide
Mosquitoes do not only cause discomfort due to the itching and rashes that every bite causes, but these insects can also bring in a wide range of diseases that may be fatal. This is why it is a practical decision to buy the best electric mosquito trap that can protect you and your family from health risks these pests offer.
A mosquito magnet or trap is a type of device that generates invisible chemicals that attract these insects toward the unit until they get trapped inside it. Once stuck in the trap, mosquitoes die either from being submerged in water or through starvation. Thus, you can breathe easy knowing that your home is completely free from these buzzing insects no matter what time of the day or night.
When purchasing a mosquito trap, there are a few things to look into. Here are some factors to take into account that will lead you to the best mosquito trap for your needs.
- How big is your problem with mosquitoes in the area? It is important to note that no matter how advanced the features of the best mosquito trap in the market, the success level still depends on how serious or mild the issue is with mosquitoes in your area. For instance, if you have a minor concern with these pests in your garden or indoors, then smaller units that generate light and heat should suffice.
On the other hand, you are better off with traps that come with powerful attractants such as carbon dioxide, which can go for a longer range to beat a moderate level of concern with mosquitoes.
- Determine the type of mosquitoes you want to get rid of: You need to take into consideration the type of mosquitoes infesting your area, as some traps work much better on certain species than others. You can learn more about this by conducting some research and checking the specific features that the mosquito trap in question offers.
- Set a budget and stick to it: Mosquito traps vary in prices. The smaller the unit, the cheaper the price tag. But you also have to consider the impact on your utility bills since the running cost increases over time, specifically with propane types of mosquito traps. If you are only using the trap indoors, then this generates less power, thus making it cheaper and more energy-efficient than outdoor ones.
Before buying a mosquito trap, make it a point to check on these factors that will affect your total satisfaction with the item, as well as the value for your dollar. Compare the different options available in stores and choose the right one that is most suitable for your needs.