Gaming as a hobby grew significantly. More and more teenagers and adults enjoy gaming at home with friends or online. It is a hobby that has many benefits and everyone is looking for means of improving their skills or make their gaming sessions even more enjoyable.
One thing that picked up in popularity over the past couple of years is the use of dedicated gaming glasses. While there is no actual evidence to show that they can indeed improve the player’s skill level, gaming glasses do offer a series of benefits.
Best Gaming Glasses 2017
One of the main benefits of wearing gaming glasses is their ability to protect the eyes from fatigue associated with starting into a monitor for extended periods of time. This actually can improve the performance of the gamer to a degree that it remains constant and it is not subject to eye fatigue. This is achieved by using special tinting on the lens that filters the light. One of the good news is that more and more manufacturers appeared. Until recently there were just a couple of brands to choose from but now there are plenty of options. With these things in mind here are the top 10 best gaming glasses in 2017 reviews.
- 10. NoScope Wraith Gaming Glasses
- 9. Trust Optics FeatherView Computer Video Gaming Glasses
- 8. Duco Optics GX090 Gaming Glasses
- 7. Eyekepper Spring Hinges UV Protection Computer Glasses
- 6. AV Gaming Glasses Stainless Steel Frame with Spring Temples
- 5. Gamma Ray Optics Chromatic Gaming Glasses
- 4. Gunnar Optiks SheaDog Gaming Glasses
- 3. Gamma Ray Computer Reading Glasses
- 2. Gunnar Optiks Emissary Computer Glasses
- 1. Gunnar Optiks Intercept Full Rim Advanced Video Gaming Glasses
- Gaming Glasses – Buyer’s Guide
10. NoScope Wraith Gaming Glasses
The NoScope Gaming Glasses are a decent pick for the ones on a tight budget. They are inexpensive and quite sturdy in terms of construction. Under no circumstance, they feel cheap in any way.
To help relieve stress on the eye the glasses come with extra wide lenses that have a special tint that can filter blue light. They have a thick frame that does not go around the lens, and due to their shape, the can be used with headphones as they will not create any kind of discomfort.
9. Trust Optics FeatherView Computer Video Gaming Glasses
Trust Optics FeatherView are a decent pair of gaming glasses, but they do not feel premium as some of the other models. On the other hand, they are quite inexpensive and rather lightweight which can help a lot in terms of comfort.
Having a lightweight polycarbonate frame means they do not cause any fatigue due to wearing them. The lens is tinted with a discreet yellow color that can filter intense. Another thing worth mentioning is the fact that they have a flexible construction. They include a cleaning cloth and a carrying case.
8. Duco Optics GX090 Gaming Glasses
Duco is a brand that many might not be familiar with or at least gamers might not know the brand, but their products are quite decent. The GX090 is a great pair of glasses that comes with a reasonable price tag and excellent construction.
The design of the glasses is modern and quite stylish. Their frame is fairly thin but sturdy enough. For the lens, the manufacturers used a special tint that is similar to what most other gaming glasses have. This means they can protect the eyes from stress coming from monitor light.
7. Eyekepper Spring Hinges UV Protection Computer Glasses
Even if the Eyekepper Spting Hinges computer glasses are not being advertised as being designed for gaming, they work quite well. It is a simple pair of glasses with a modern design that offers similar performance to much more expensive models.
Using a durable polycarbonate frame that combines red and black tones the glasses feel quite sturdy. The lens is covered with a light yellow tint that helps filter light. As a bonus, the glasses come with a protective hardshell case.
6. AV Gaming Glasses Stainless Steel Frame with Spring Temples
If money is a problem, then the AV gaming glasses will prove to be a decent option. Not only that they are very cheap, but they also offer results that are comparable to much more expensive models.
The frame of the glasses is made out of stainless steel with the plastic covering the arms. Their lens colors with a light yellow tint while the arms are fitted with springs that help them stay in place properly and not fall off.
You may be interested in: Best Wireless Routers For Gaming in 2017 Reviews
5. Gamma Ray Optics Chromatic Gaming Glasses
The Gamma Ray gaming glasses are yet another inexpensive pair of gaming glasses that are actually quite decent. Their design is not that impressive, but for the price, it is difficult to find something better.
Similar to most other gaming glasses the lens are coated with a discreet yellow tint. The frame is made out of plastic, and they were made to be flexible. According to the manufacturers, the glasses have a unisex shape that would fit any gamer.
4. Gunnar Optiks SheaDog Gaming Glasses
The Gunnar Optiks SheaDog gaming glasses were made to be suitable even for the most demanding gamers. They have a modern aggressive design with the narrow but wide lens that protects even the lateral vision of the gamer.
The frame of the glasses is made out of metal with a rubber material covering the arms which prevent them from slipping off. The lens has a yellow tint that can help protect the eyes by filtering intense light generated by the monitor.
3. Gamma Ray Computer Reading Glasses
Gamma Ray Comfortable computer reading glasses are perfect for pretty much anyone that spends a lot of time in front of the computer. They have a simple design with a flexible polycarbonate frame and high-quality lens that protect the eyes from harmful light from the computer.
To make them more comfortable to wear the Gama Ray glasses are very lightweight. They come with a hardshell carrying case, cleaning cloth and an extended manufacturer warranty.
2. Gunnar Optiks Emissary Computer Glasses
The Gunnar Optiks Emissary glasses are not part of their gaming lineup, but they have the same lens which means that they can be used by gamers are well without any issues.
The model is one of the newer ones from Gunnar that use a minimalistic frame that was made to be thin and lightweight. This reduces the fatigue caused by wearing glasses for extended periods of time. Their lens is tinted with a discreet yellow tone in order to filter harmful computer light, and they come with a one year warranty.
1. Gunnar Optiks Intercept Full Rim Advanced Video Gaming Glasses
Gunnar Optics Intercept gaming glasses have become the favorite accessory for many gamers. They were designed to be used by casual and hardcore gamers that experience eye fatigue when playing for more than one hour.
The model uses a high-quality polycarbonate frame and premium lens. Their lens is coated with a special tint that can filter light while the arms of the glasses were designed to have a shape that makes them usable with over-the-ear headphones without causing discomfort.
There are a lot of high-quality gaming glasses, and the good news is that they do not have to be expensive. Even a cheap pair can help a lot. The thing to look for is the yellow tint on the lens. It can help reduce fatigue, but it might take a day or two to get used to it. Most professional gamers use this type of glasses all the time due to the benefits they offer. For our list, we selected several interesting models. Some of them come from small brands, but they are just as good as any other pair of gaming glasses. Pricing can vary a bit, but our list includes a wide selection of gaming glasses that should help anyone find a suitable pair within their budget limits.
Gaming Glasses – Buyer’s Guide
If you spend several hours a day in front of the computer, you will need to use a protective device to make sure your eyes are shielded from harmful elements. Digital gadgets or devices typically generate massive amounts of harmful blue lights, which can result to health concerns. Your eyes become heavily impacted, which can have a huge impact on your vision. This is why coders, gamers, writers, and any individual who use the phone, computer, or tablet too often should wear a pair of gaming or computer glasses as a protection from blue light exposure.
When buying gaming glasses, you should be sure to check if the unit is indeed effective in blocking blue light. After all, this is the main reason why you are buying this type of glasses. Keep in mind that some glasses are labelled as such even if in reality, they lack this capability to block heavy blue light.
Below are some of the important features you should zero in when choosing the right pair to purchase.
- Color of the Lens: Tinted lenses are best when it comes to exceptional quality gamer glasses. You would want a pair with amber or orange lenses, as the color allows the blue light to change to a more desirable spectrum once it meets the eye. This also causes you to see clearly no matter what colors you are looking at. Wearing glasses that distort your perception of color can be uncomfortable, so be sure to stick to lens color that blocks the blue light while allowing you to see objects in their actual hue.
- Non-Glare Effect: An anti-glare feature is worth looking into when shopping for gaming glasses. This type of technology allows you to see clearly while reducing the amount of glare. So, you won’t feel like squinting when looking at the screen.
- Perfect Fit: Choose a pair that can be adjusted to give you a customized fit. There are some glasses that have special features that keep them in place without being too tight. You may also want to look for a pair that prevents slippage, so the glasses rest comfortably on the bridge of your nose.
If you have existing eye concerns, gaming glasses that can also serve as reading glasses should be perfect. You will need to check out your specific magnification needs prior to buying a pair to avoid experiencing headaches or dizziness. The most important thing is aside from the blue light blocking feature, the glasses you buy must be comfortable and suited particularly to your personal needs.