If you used an activity tracker before, then you know that these are great if you want to monitor your every move. On the other hand, GPS watches have a very different purpose. Using one, you can easily track how many miles you’ve covered, your current location and more in order to enjoy a complete workout.
Furthermore, when it comes to GPS watches, you can actually use them to track a wide range of factors, including your altitude, pace, speed, and more and thanks to all of this great functions, you can use them to improve your athletic performance.
Best Gps Watches in 2017
Buying a GPS watch though is not something that needs to be taken lightly. That’s because there are so many models you can choose from and they all have so many functions that choosing one out of the hundreds can be daunting. Luckily, we’ll make that a lot easier for you. How? Well, we’ve already reviewed the top 10 best GPS watches you can currently get and below you can read more about them.
- 10. TomTom Runner Cardio Watch
- 9. Casio G-Shock Men’s Red Analog Digital Watch Ga-110Fc-1A
- 8. Garmin Forerunner 25 (Large)
- 7. Avid Fit GPS Sports Watch Runner 201
- 6. Garmin Forerunner 230
- 5. Bryton Amis S630E Smartest GPS Multisport Watch
- 4. Fitbit Surge Fitness Superwatch
- 3. Casio G-Shock GA-110RF-9AER
- 2. Garmin Vívoactive HR GPS Smart Watch
- 1. Garmin Forerunner 920XT
10. TomTom Runner Cardio Watch
For high octane training regiments and for tracking your everyday activities, you can certainly use the TomTom Runner to stay and get in shape. Combining a heart rate monitor and GPS technology, this watch not only measures the number of calories you burn but also the distance you covered, the time in which you covered it in, your target heart rate, and more.
The watch also features an accelerometer which makes it very easy for you to train indoors. Furthermore, thanks to its special tool that allows you to sync and share data online, but also check your running route on the map, you’ll certainly be able to achieve your fitness goals soon after you start using the TomTom Runner.
- Provides cardio specific statistics.
- Comes with an accelerometer.
- Share your progress and your workouts online.
- Someone who has gotten and used this watch said that it is not as accurate as you may be lead to believe.
If you’re looking for an affordable, GSP watch that simply gets the job done, then you should certainly get the TomTom Runner. Easy to use, affordable, and full of features, you’ll be very happy with it.
9. Casio G-Shock Men’s Red Analog Digital Watch Ga-110Fc-1A
The Casio G-Shock is an excellent GPS watch that will help you take your training to the next level. First of all, this bad boy can be used at up to two hundred meters deep or up to a massive 656 feet. Not only does it feature an LED light and auto light switch functions, but you can also customize how long you want the light to be on. Furthermore, it includes twenty nine time zones in forty eight cities, including coordinated universal time, can be used as a stop watch and can features a wide range of measuring modes. Some of them include split time, lap time, and elapsed time. In terms of battery life, it will last up to two years.
- Amazing battery life of up to two years.
- Can be used at depths of up to 656 feet or 200m.
- LED light.
- Includes twenty nine time zones.
- A user who got this GPS watch said that after a few months of use he cannot adjust the time anymore.
Divers are certainly going to want to get their hands on this watch. It can be used at depths of up to 656 feet, it features selectable illumination, and it also has an amazing battery life of up to 2 years.
8. Garmin Forerunner 25 (Large)
The Garmin Forerunner 25 is an impressive GPS watch that not only tracks the number of calories you burned, but also your heart rate, your pace, and the distance covered. Furthermore, you can share activity tracking progress and share runs with your friends, family, and basically everyone online thanks to the Garmin connect Mobile function. The watch always counts your calories and the steps you take and if you don’t meet your daily goal, then you’re going to be reminded about it. In terms of battery life, it’s eight hours (for the small version) and ten hours (for the larger version). If you only use the activity tracking mode you can get anywhere between eight to ten weeks of battery life with the small and large version respectively.
- Great battery life of up to eight hours for the small version and ten hours for the large version.
- Tracks calories, heart rate, pace, and distance covered.
- Share, plan, and save your activities with friend and everyone online.
- The support for the product is rather lacking.
Start getting in shape today with the help of the Forerunner 25. This amazing GPS watch is easy to use, feature rich, and it’s very accurate as well. Highly recommended!
7. Avid Fit GPS Sports Watch Runner 201
The Avid Fit Runner 201 weighs only fifty eight frames or two ounces, which exams that when you have this on you won’t even feel it. One thing you’re going to love about it is the fact that it has a great battery life of up to ten hours with GPS mode on. You can also use it for up to seven days with the Bluetooth mode on. If you’re the type who loves to dive, then you’ll be happy to know that the Avid Fit Runner 201 can work at up to three atmospheres or up to one hundred feet. This means that you can also use it in very harsh weather conditions, like heavy rains without having to worry about it failing on you. Unlike other watches, this one has an HD display with a resolution of one hundred and twenty eight by one hundred and twenty eight pixels.
Furthermore, the Avid Fit Runner 201 comes with an Instant Notification function including missed calls, IMs, Twitter, Facebook, SMS, E-mail, and more. The most impressive and useful function about it for many though is the Avid Fit Runner 201’s ability to help you find your phone thanks to the Find Phone Trigger. Lastly, the watch has support for twelve languages.
- Can be used at depths of up to one hundred feet and three atmospheres.
- Instant Notification notifies you of incoming E-mails, Twitter, Facebook, SMS, etc.
- Sync your data to the cloud using the AvidFit app.
- The app can sometimes act up and not allow you to create an account.
Swimmers and those who want to train in very harsh weather conditions can count on the Avid Fit Runner 201 to have a very effective and complete workout. This GPS watch is easy to use, tracks your every move, and it also has support for up to 12 languages.
6. Garmin Forerunner 230
The Forerunner 230 is a really impressive GPS running watch that comes with a wide range of smart features. The watch not only tracks your VO2 max, but also your heart rate, time you’ve been training for, your pace, and the distance covered. Furthermore, activity tracking also counts your sleep, calories burn, daily steps, and more. If you want, then you can also use Connect IQ to download applications, widgets, but also watch faces, and data fields. Battery life for the Forerunner 230 is great and you can get up to sixteen hours of it in training mode and up to five weeks if you use it in watch mode.
- Use the Forerunner 230 to track your Vo2 max, heart rate, time, pace, and distance covered.
- Up to sixteen hours of battery life in training mod and five weeks in watch mode.
- Use Connect IQ to download applications, widgets, but also watch faces, and data fields.
- The watch sometime freezes and you have to reboot it to fix it.
Train harder and more effectively with the Garmin Forerunner 230. This is a very easy to use watch, it can be used in harsh weather conditions and it also comes with a wide range of impressive functions. Highly recommended!
5. Bryton Amis S630E Smartest GPS Multisport Watch
Lightweight, stylish, and with an impressive design, the Amis S630 not only look amazing, but at the same time it comes with a wide range of great features to help you train more effectively. Get notified when you receive calls and check the weather forecast thanks to the Bluetooth Smart technology. Whether it’s running, cycling, swimming, or other similar activities, the S630 can easily track the number of steps you take, the amount of time you’re training for, and more. If you want, you can also use the triathlon mode and multisport mode to make your workouts that much more intense. To include some of its useful features, they are stopwatch, metronome, and pace calculator. Furthermore, the S630 can also remind you via sound and vibration alert about when you need to start training or resume exercising.
- Vibration and sound alerts.
- Incoming calls and weather display.
- Excellent for triathletes, cyclists, and runners.
- Six user customized display settings.
- The watch had GPS issues from the day I got it.
For the serious athlete there is hardly any better option to consider than the S630. Not only does it come with various modes you can choose from based on the training you want to consider, but it’s very stylish, sleek, and easy to use.
4. Fitbit Surge Fitness Superwatch
Go farther and train smarter with the Fitbit Surge watch. With continuous and automatic heart rate monitoring, multisport functionality, and built in GPS, the Surge helps deliver the statistics you need to make the most of your training and measure your effort. Thanks to the integrated GPS, you can easily track elevation climbed, pace, but also the distance covered. Furthermore, you can view and track workouts, including all the daily activities, such as active minutes, floors climbed, calories burned, distance covered, steps taken, etc. For the perfect fit, make sure to use the sizing tool.
- Accurately track elevation climbed, pace, but also the distance covered.
- Sync statistics automatically and wirelessly to your smartphone or computer.
- See text and call notifications.
- One buyer said that he absolutely loves this watch, but because of the poor experience he had with customer service, now he hates it.
Serious and active individuals will be very happy with the Fitbit Surge. This watch is not only very accurate, but it also comes with aplenty of features that make using it a breeze.
3. Casio G-Shock GA-110RF-9AER
Featuring a yellow, round case with a black dial, the Casio G Shock is an analog – digital watch that not only looks great, but it also features quartz movement. One thing that separates it from all the rest is that it can actually be used at up to twenty atmospheres or up to two hundred meters underwater. The watch is shock resistance, magnetic resistant and made with mineral glass. To include some of its main features, they are the five daily alarms, stopwatch, countdown timer, and hourly time signal to name a few. The watch comes with a twelve/twenty four hour format and a complete auto-calendar.
- Made with mineral glass, the GA-110RF-9AER can easily withstand shocks.
- Can be used at depths of up to 200 meters.
- One to one thousandth of a second stopwatch.
- The watch is great and there’s nothing to complain about, except the price.
Those who are looking for a really high quality GPS watch may want to get the GA-110RF-9AER. Not only does it look great, but it’s also very stylish and can be used at depth of up to 200 meters.
2. Garmin Vívoactive HR GPS Smart Watch
Use the Garmin Vívoactive to not only measure your heart rate, but also track the number of steps you take, distance covered, and more. Unlike other watches out there, this one allows you to download a wide range of watch faces so that you can customize its looks to meet your needs. Using it in watch mode, you get up to eight days of battery life. The watch is also water resistant and can be used for a wide range of activities, including paddle boarding, rowing, golf, snowboarding, skiing, swimming, biking, and more.
- Measures calories burned, speed, distance covered, and time.
- Twenty four seven heart rate monitoring.
- Smart notifications.
- Wearing it for long periods of time is not comfortable.
Get the Garmin Vívoactive if you’re a seriously active individual. Well made, accurate, and simple to use, this watch will take your training to the next level.
1. Garmin Forerunner 920XT
The Forerunner 920XT is the best GPS watch you can currently get. Using it you can track rest times, pace, swim distance, and more. Thanks to the smart notifications features, you can easily check your texts, E-mail, social media updates and other alerts. Furthermore, the watch can also measure ground contact time, vertical oscillation, cadence, VO2 max, recovery time and power.
- Can easily track vertical oscillation, cadence, VO2 max, recovery time, ground contact time, and more.
- Smart notifications.
- Comes bundled with a heart rate monitor.
- For certain functions the precision is not that great.
Serious athletes are going to be very happy with the Forerunner 920XT. It allows them to track just about any metric they need to improve their performance and on top of that, it looks very cool as well. Highly recommended!
Those who are serious about training for competitions or just for getting in shape and improving their health need to a matching GPS watch. Getting one without knowing what to look for before buying can be a bad idea. Luckily, now you’re fully aware of the things you need to consider, so using this information you can eventually make the right choice.
|AllTopTenBest List and Related Products|
- Top 10 Best Electric Bicycles in 2017 Reviews
- Top 10 Best Snowboard Bindings in 2017 Review
- Top 10 Best Binoculars in 2017 Reviews