Many parents have a hard time convincing their kids to put down their console and go outside and play. If you find yourself in a similar situation, then you’ll be exhilarated to find out that there is indeed a way you can get your kid to be more active.
Buying them a scooter is a great way for them to catch some fresh air and at the same time socialize and have fun with their friends. Another benefit of buying them a scooter lies in the fact that they’re in full control of the scooter’s speed. When compared to bikes, it’s a lot easier for kids to learn how to ride a scooter than it is for them to ride a bike.
Best Scooters in 2019
Lastly, scooters are available in a wide range of colors, sizes, and come with amazing features your kids will absolutely love. Cost wise they’re also cheaper, which is something that as a parent you’ll certainly appreciate. With that being said, below we came up with a list of the top 10 best scooters for kids you should consider. Let’s check them out!
Last update on 2019-07-21 / Affiliate links / Price / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
10. Vokul Adjustable Mini 3 Wheel Deluxe Kick Scooter
Specifically designed for kids between the ages of two and five, the Vokul 3 wheel scooter is a great way for your kids to have great fun outside and get moving. Scooters are great for kids since they can help train balance, and also improve their activity level which is essential for child development. The safe to learn mechanism and T-bar on the Vokul scooter make riding it that much more fun and safe for your kids, while the shock absorbing and anti-abrasive wheels allow for a very smooth glide. For improved stability, the rear deck was reinforced with Superwide ABS. In terms of capacity, the scooter has a capacity of seventy-seven pounds or thirty-five kilograms.
- Efficient rear wheel brakes ensure extra safety.
- Superwide ABS used in the rear deck improves the scooter’s durability.
- Smooth gliding across a wide range of surfaces.
- We wished that the scooter had a higher weight capacity.
If you’re looking for the ideal scooter for your kids that won’t break the bank and is well made, then the Vokul three wheel scooter is an excellent choice. It’s well made, offers excellent balance, and it’s very fun to ride as well.
9. Razor E100 Motorized 24-Volt Electric Scooter
Enjoy the thrill and power of the Razor E100 motorized scooter and you’ll never go back to regular scooters again. As you can tell by its name, this is a powerful scooter that can help your kid enjoy pretty long trips around the neighborhood, in the park, and wherever he may decide to adventure in. The scooter features a chain driven motor running at twenty-four volts which means that the scooter can travel at a maximum speed of ten miles an hour. The battery life is good and it allows you to ride it for a total of forty minutes. If your kid loves speed, then the Razor E100 is the perfect scooter for him.
- Up to forty minutes of battery life.
- Ride at up to ten miles an hour.
- Twist-grip throttle acceleration control.
- The kick stand is a bit fragile, so it can break quite easily depending on use.
If your kid loves speed, then the Razor E100 motorized scooter is the best way to help him quench his thirst for it. Beautiful, durable, and fast, it’s the perfect gift for your child. Highly recommended!
8. Razor E325 Electric Scooters
Join the neighborhood gang of diehard scooter riders with the new Razor E325 electric scooter. This is a powerful electric scooter that can reach speeds of up to fifteen miles an hour. To make sure your ride feels very smooth, the scooter comes with a pair of ten-inch pneumatic tires. If you’re wondering about battery life, then you’ll be happy to know that you can ride the Razor E100 motorized scooter for up to forty-five minutes on a single charge (it takes 12h to charge it). Lastly, the weight limit on this one is 220 lbs.
- 220 lbs maximum weight capacity.
- 45 minutes of continuous riding time.
- Ten-inch pneumatic tires make riding more comfortable and smooth.
- The battery doesn’t last that long and charging it takes way too much time.
Kids who want to experience what it feels like to ride on a really fast scooter should absolutely opt for this model. It looks cool, it’s very fast, and it’s also adequately priced for what it offers.
7. Hudora RX-205 LUX Big Wheel Fold Kick Scooter
Do you want to get a glide kick scooter for your kid’s birthday? The Hudora RX205 is by far one of the best you can find. Featuring a lightweight aluminum frame and shock absorbing, anti-abrasive, and high rebounding UP wheels, it’s easy to imagine that this thing is made for the long haul and it can reach pretty great speeds, too. You can easily carry the scooter with you thanks to its three-second folding mechanism which is something many kids will absolutely love. Thanks to the reinforced deck and aircraft grade aluminum frame, the scooter boasts a maximum capacity of two hundred and twenty pounds.
- Aircraft grade aluminum frame improves durability.
- Maximum weight capacity of 220 pounds.
- Three-second folding mechanism allows for easy transpiration.
- The scooter is a bit too small for larger kids.
Rugged, durable, and well made, the Hudora RX-205 scooter is a great gift for your child. Not only does it look cool, yet it’s also a breeze to ride and can take a lot of abuse as well. Highly recommended!
6. Razor E300 Electric Scooter
Featuring larger tires, frame, and deck, the E300 scooter from Razor is excellent for both adult and teen riders. In terms of speed, this bad boy can reach go up to fifteen miles an hour thanks to the ultra quiet chain motor. The E300 features a twist-grip throttle acceleration and it has a maximum weight capacity of two hundred and twenty pounds. In terms of battery life, you can ride it for up to forty-five minutes. After getting, be sure to charge the battery for 24h prior to using the scooter.
- Up to fifteen miles an hour top speed.
- Variable speed acceleration thanks to the twist grip throttle.
- Very quiet chain motor will likely be applauded by neighbors.
- If you’ll ever have to get in touch with the customer support team, you’re going to have a hard time dealing with them.
Experience the speed of the E300 electric scooter. Whether you plan on using it to ride around the neighborhood, in the park or explore the city, you’ll be impressed with the scooter’s performance and comfort level.
5. Razor E100 Electric Scooter
Featuring a sturdy deck and a kid-sized frame, the E100 is an excellent scooter for kids 8 and up. In terms of speed, this bad boy can reach up to 10 mph, delighting neighbors and kids alike. Thanks to the twist grip acceleration control, you’re in full control of how fast you want to go at all times. Speaking of which, you can get up to forty minutes of continuous use on a single charge.
- Ride with up to 10 mph.
- High-quality steel fork and frame.
- The chain driven motor has a high torque.
- Some of those that used the E100 said that this model is a bit underpowered.
If your kid is into electric scooters, but you don’t want to break the bank getting one, then the E100 is an excellent choice. It’s less than $100, well built, and looks really awesome as well. What more can you ask for?
4. Vokul Pro Stunt Kick Scooter
Those who don’t want to make any compromises when it comes to quality should certainly consider the Vokul Pro Kick Scooter. Even though it has the Pro denomination in its name, it is excellent for beginner to intermediate riders. The bar of the Vokul Pro is made from medium carbon steel with a triple bolt clamp which ensures safety and stability. The deck is heat treated and a T4 type that’s really rugged and also features a nonslip surface. In terms of capacity, the Vokul Pro has a maximum load limit of 140 pounds.
- Excellent for intermediate and beginner riders.
- Top quality medium carbon steel hand bar.
- Maximum load limit of 140 lbs.
- Some of those who got to use the scooter complained that the fork bends easily.
If you don’t want to spend too much money on a scooter, then this is certainly a great buy. It’s under $70, it’s built very well and also features a great braking system. Your kids will definitely enjoy riding the Vokul Pro, guaranteed!
3. Pulse Performance Electric Scooter
Teach your kids how to ride a scooter with the Pulse Performance electric scooter. Since it’s electric, your kids will have a much easier time learning how to ride it. What’s going to impress you about this model is that it’s actually designed for small riders. To improve safety, Pulse Performance incorporated a safe deceleration and acceleration mode with speeds limited to one point seventy-five miles an hour. Battery life is forty minutes, with charge time being up to eight hours. In terms of maximum weight capacity, the Pulse Performance electric scooter has a fifty lbs weight limit.
- Safe maneuverability thanks to the forty-two degrees range of steering.
- Starting speed limited to 1.75 miles an hour.
- 40 minutes of battery life.
- The maximum load limit is kind of low.
If you really value your child’s safety and want to make sure he’ll learn how to ride a scooter safely, then the Pulse Performance electric scooter is the best way to teach him that. The scooter is also affordably priced, so you don’t need to worry about breaking the bank to get it.
2. Yvolution Y Fliker Air Electric Scooter
Step up your game with the Yvolution Y Fliker Air Electric Scooter. Featuring a reinforced steel frame (large size), quick response brakes, and fast rolling wheels, your kid will absolutely love riding this bad boy. This is basically a freestyle scooter that allows your kid to easily perform drifting and carving actions and have tons of fun doing so. Thanks to the rugged build quality, this scooter can take loads of up to one hundred and seventy-five lbs.
- Excellent build quality improves durability.
- Great for kids aged seven and up.
- Maximum weight capacity of 176 lbs.
- The workmanship on this model is not that good.
Start the fun with this 3 wheel scooter for kids aged seven and up. Featuring improved stability, a rugged frame, and a cool design, your kids will have a lot of fun riding this scooter around the block, in the park, or even in your backyard.
1. Razor DeltaWing Scooters
Three-wheel scooters offer excellent balance which is very important if you want to teach your kid to ride scooters. The DeltaWing’s low angle rear casters pneumatic front tire, but also drop frame allows you to enjoy a very smooth ride on a wide range of surfaces. For increased stability and durability, the steel frame with polymer wings make the DeltaWing that much more impressive. If your kid is into spinning and drifting, then this is certainly the scooter for him thanks to its 125-millimeter wheels. In terms of weight balance, the DeltaWing can accommodate kids of up to one hundred and forty-three lbs.
- 143 pounds maximum weight capacity.
- 125 mm wheels are excellent for spinning and drifting.
- High-quality steel frame with polymer wings.
- The customer service is not that great.
Surprise your kid with the Razor DeltaWing scooter, and he’ll be the happiest kid on earth. This is a very cool scooter that’s well made, easy to ride, and is a great choice if your kid’s into spinning and drifting. Highly recommended!
Getting a scooter for your child can be a cumbersome experience, especially if you don’t know what to look for in one. Fortunately, our list reviewed the top 10 scooters on the market today that you should consider should you want to buy one for your child. Be sure to read the description for each of them and then choose one together with your child.